Setup to extract beats from live audio and feed it to QLC+ on RaspberryPi 4

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
vroomvroom

Hello,

I am searching for a way to convert an analog audio input into a beat signal that I can use in QLC+.

I know that this is possible with Virtual DJ but I’m trying to do this on a RaspberryPi (and I am not a programmer).

As the DJ setup is analog, there is no midi signal to use and the audio analyzer from QLC+ is not reliable/clean enough for my purpose.

Is there any software for my RPi 4 or a small device to connect to the RPi that can extract the beat of the music and send a signal?

Thanks in advance
GGGss

vroomvroom wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:50 pm Hello,

I am searching for a way to convert an analog audio input into a beat signal that I can use in QLC+.

I know that this is possible with Virtual DJ but I’m trying to do this on a RaspberryPi (and I am not a programmer).

As the DJ setup is analog, there is no midi signal to use and the audio analyzer from QLC+ is not reliable/clean enough for my purpose.

Is there any software for my RPi 4 or a small device to connect to the RPi that can extract the beat of the music and send a signal?

Thanks in advance
You might use the audio input on the Raspi

Set up an audio widget and detect those beats

It might work for you - check the chaser feature in QLC+

My TopTip: use a main chaser (16+ bars) with sub-chasers (1-2-4 bars) in a sequence ... 'next' trigger based on your audio widget input.
This would involve some loopback-magic to work though
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
vroomvroom

Thank you

I will try the audio widget with the chasers. I have some concerns but I can give it a shot.