Stream Deck with Bitfocus Companion & qlcplus_raspios_bullseye_20220828

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
JJ1PJI

Wondering if anyone is running headless:
qlcplus_raspios_bullseye_20220828 image with a Stream Deck on Bitfocus Companion.
OR
Bitfocus Companion v2.4.1 image with the qlcplus_4.12.6_armhf.deb package and Stream Deck XL.

I got the qlcplus_raspios_bullseye_20220828 image working with my lights! Did not try to load the Bitfocus Companion yet

Next, Followed the QLC+_RaspberryPi_Buster_Guide.pdf 10 Manual installation
Via ssh loaded the deb package on the Bitfocus Companion image but got some errors when I tried to run "qlcplus -platform eglfs" Did not find the port 9090 web interface.
Sorry did not capture the errors.

Going to a fresh install and try again. Thanks for any feedback or help.
Making a remote streaming kit. ATEM Mini Pro ISO, Stream Deck XL, QLC+ for lighting!
Kevin
edogawa

Via ssh loaded the deb package on the Bitfocus Companion image but got some errors when I tried to run "qlcplus -platform eglfs" Did not find the port 9090 web interface.
You have to pass the -w option for the web interface to be active - "qlcplus -w -platform eglfs"
Yestalgia

I hadn't heard of the Bitfocus Companion. Looks pretty cool, share photos when you've got it all setup :)
JJ1PJI

Hi Edogawa, Thanks for the fast reply.
Getting the following errors. When I run it... Any Ideas?

MESA-LOADER: failed to open vc4: /usr/lib/dri/vc4_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
failed to load driver: vc4
MESA-LOADER: failed to open kms_swrast: /usr/lib/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
failed to load driver: kms_swrast
MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
failed to load swrast driver
Could not create GBM device (No such file or directory)
Could not open DRM device
Aborted
edogawa

That Bitfocus Companion/Streamdeck combination is indeed interesting...

I saw a Streamdeck in action last march, when on tour with a theater piece, but forgot about it again, so thanks for reminding me...

Installing the Companion software on top of the QLC+ image seems involved. Actually, using the freshly burnt qlcplus_raspios_bullseye_20220828 image, I couldn't even get a graphical QLC+ screen on HDMI, although htop showed it running, I could ssh to the RPi400, and also the web interface displayed correctly on my laptop. I haven't used the image in a while I admit, rather ran QLC+ from RaspberryPi OS or even openSUSE Tumbleweed, on different DEs in Xorg.

I got the same errors when trying the .deb in CompanionPi... no idea how to fix that, or which packages would supply the needed drivers, and I'm not familiar enough with MESA, or dpkg/apt to find out in reasonable time.

Hopefully Massimo will comment on that!
JJ1PJI

Hi Edogawa, thank you for your help :) Yeah, I really like the stream deck paired with CompanionPI. Hoping to have a one-hand show control interface. Lights, Video switching, Video Playback, Streaming, Recording.

The qlc deb, VNC works! pi@CompanionPi:~ $ qlcplus -platform vnc :)

Errors. pi@CompanionPi:~ $ qlcplus -w -platform eglfs :(

MESA-LOADER: failed to open vc4: /usr/lib/dri/vc4_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
failed to load driver: vc4
MESA-LOADER: failed to open kms_swrast: /usr/lib/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
failed to load driver: kms_swrast
MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
failed to load swrast driver
Could not create GBM device (No such file or directory)
Could not open DRM device
Aborted