Problem with wireless dmx card

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
tapitapi

Hello,
I'm testing a raspberry pi 400 with qlc+.
I have build my own dmx usb inreface like this :
https://diyprojects.tech/2013/05/diy-us ... -under-10/

When I connect my lights with a xlr cable between the usb/dmx interface, QLC works great !

BUT, I want to use this system on a wireless way.
I used this :
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/10050026 ... 33063113_5

When I connect My dmx/usb interface and the wireless system on a PC with qlc, it works great. With a stairville led foot 8, it works too.
When I use this system with the raspberry, the wireless system doesn't receive the dmx signal form the usb/dmx interface.

Is someone could explain me what is the problem ? Maybe Frequency of the output signal ? In this casen I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks for your help

And thanks for this great project !!!!
GGGss

Damien, Welcome to the forum.

Since your usb -> DMX interface get its timing from the processor, it might well be that the raspi is too slow or gets out of breath.
2 things you can do:
a) lower the frequency all together
b) limit the number of channels which are transmitted

Both options you can find on the in- / output tab in the configuration page of the interface.

On your USB interface, do you see the green led flashing when connected to the Raspi?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
tapitapi

Thanks,
I'm not new on the forum but I have lost my login.... ;-(

So, don't kow how to low the frequency, on the raspberry, I don't see option for that, on the web interface.

I can limit the number of channels. I will test that.

But, the usb/dmx interface works great when I connect a cable between the interface and the light. The led is green.

I have a doubt about The capacity of the raspberry. It's clear, There's no communication between the output of the dmx of the interface and the wireless receiver. It's weird ! Like the dmx protocol was not exactly the same on windows and raspberry.....
tapitapi

I have tested with just 14 channels. the transmitter wireless card doesn't receive any signal......
GGGss

tapitapi wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:45 pm I don't see option for that, on the web interface.
Now you have to attach a screen to your raspi to make this change possible.
tapitapi wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:45 pm I have tested with just 14 channels. the transmitter wireless card doesn't receive any signal......
So no wireless signal all together?
raspi -> dmx interface -> cable = ok
raspi -> dmx interface -> wireless = not ok
PC -> dmx interface -> wireless = ok ??
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
tapitapi

I have connected a screen, it's the same interface as windows but I don't see where I could change the frequency. Actually, it's 30mhz.

For thé second part you resume perfectly my problème..... Weird ?!?

Thanks
tapitapi

I have tested with a screen, it's the same interface as windows, great ! But I don't see how is possible to change the frequency. Actually, it's 30mhz.

For the second part, you have resume perfectly the situation !!!

Thanks a lot !
GGGss

tapitapi wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:55 pm Actually, it's 30mhz.
:shock: Ow boy ... where do you think this reading is coming from?
Max DMX bus frequency is 44 Hz

You can change the DMX bus frequency in the in-/output tab, select the line of your interface and then press 'configuration' symbol.
ScreenHunter_192 Aug. 31 18.52.png
tapitapi

hello,
sorry, I was occupied last weeks. I tested channging the dmx bus frequency, one by one between 1 and 60 Hz. The wireless card doesn't detect signal. It's steal the same problem.
GGGss

OK - go step by step here ...
A) Where do you see 30MHz?
B) Can you select 60Hz refresh rate in QLC+? That would be a bug ... DMX-norm states a max of 44Hz.
C) When changing frequency, do you at least switch between Operate and Design mode?
I am very sure that the problem is not QLC+ but your board?
tapitapi

Hello,
I have tested with lot of frequency and I give up ! Now I use to use artnetnode-v2 in esp8266 instead. Thanks for your help !