Cue list works perfectly in Design Mode, but janky in Operate Mode

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
cptinsano

I'm a noob, so I'm probably just missing something. I have two chasers, 1.1 and 1.2, that work flawlessly when stepping through them in Design Mode. Then when I put them in a cue list widget in virtual console and run it (whether a widget by itself or within a frame/paged frame) the behavior is unpredictable. Project file is attached; I'm on PopOS Linux, version 4.12.6.

For example, 1.1 has a 'setup' collection that aims the spots and blacks out in preparation for the first single spot.

When the second scene LQ001. activates, for some reason the spots change position to a different area even though LQ001. has no pan/tilt channel even activated!

It's important to note that I have changed my dimmer channels from HTP to LTP, but I don't think that's anything that's affecting or causing this problem.

Help!??
Attachments
Radium Girls.qxw
(39.64 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
GGGss

In your LQ002. You included 'left center spot' with a value of 0.
That is different from the LQ001. scene.
Since the fixture definitions are not included, I cannot judge what channel 12's function is in regard to the fixture.
(OK that is intensity - I found out) - forget above statement.

During development, make sure you have 1 scene 'hard' resetting everything.
While I was debugging your project, I came across 'shadow' values running through your chaser. These are the result of HTP logic still in memory. (Even LTP values get stuck here for obvious reasons: as long as you don't send out 'new' values, the will be kept in memory.
So I suggest to you to alter your LQ001 collection with an all reset scene - put every value into its default value for you.)
When I re-run chaser 1.1 after testing, I see pan/tilt positions still present.
That could explain why your VC chaser does have hick-ups.

Verify your values through the use of the DMX monitor... you will like this tool very much. You think this value will be sent; I reality DMX monitor shows you your logic is off to reality because of this or that.

It is useable that theatre works default with LTP logic. 'What has to change needs a command'.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
cptinsano

So I took your advice and tried to do more consistent "reset" actions via scenes, but there is still something very buggy. My chasers work perfectly within the Design mode, and the first time through in Operate mode, they are still flawless. HOWEVER, if for any reason I stop being in Operate mode, everything after that (again, Design mode is fine) if I restart Operate mode has all kinds of weird behavior from different scenes, etc.

I have changed intensity/dimmer back to HTP just for a more thorough and predictable experience, but that doesn't improve anything about the problem. It's like after that first Operate mode, it's not even calling the right scenes and collections at all! I've attached the new workspace file for your perusal, and also attached the two fixture definitions.
Attachments
Chauvet-Intimidator-Spot-455Z-IRC.qxf
(10.01 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Stage-Right-Stage-Wash-10-Watt-x-36-LED-Moving-Head.qxf
(1.76 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
RadiumGirls.qxw
(71.51 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
GGGss

Being suspicious about anything now, I searched for the DMX chart of the washes, all I found was a 16ch fixture... Your fixture definition only holds 12ch.
And what is this hue channel for? Can you set the color temperature of the beam? Seems wrong to me.
Opening your project, it still complains about the wash fixture not being available... hmm
ScreenHunter_40 Nov. 28 10.15.png
On my round debugging, I again came across values which are ambiguous. (Left overs or you forgot to reset them earlier?)
ScreenHunter_40 Nov. 28 10.21.png
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore