EUROLITE PoE ART-NET NODE I

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
djmax87

Good evening everyone, as written above I bought the EUROLITE PoE ART-NET NODE I device but I realized that it is not good and it does not work. I do not understand why, I tried to set it in all ways but nothing to do, the sth tells me that it exchanges packets, in fact I see that the dmx signal is there but the dmx lights do not turn on. How come? I used to use a simple unbranded artnet peripheral and everything was fine, why not with this new device? I await your many thanks.

https://www.steinigke.de/de/mpn70064854 ... ode-i.html
Yestalgia

Sorry to hear you're having troubles.

It looks like a nice made in Germany product. Probably comparable with the nice ENTTEC ones we have here in Aus.

Can you confirm it's plugged into a PoE port on your switch?

Cheers,
Lachie
Yestalgia

Also QLC+ automatically assigns the Artnet universe to the "universe number" in your input/output patch.

Try double clicking the artnet plugin to see what universe it's putting out and match it with what the artnet node is listening to.
djmax87

Yestalgia wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:34 am Sorry to hear you're having troubles.

It looks like a nice made in Germany product. Probably comparable with the nice ENTTEC ones we have here in Aus.

Can you confirm it's plugged into a PoE port on your switch?

Cheers,
Lachie

Hi Lachie, yes the product is well made and the cost is very low unlike the others which are really very expensive, I am a small dj with few dmx lights and during the holidays I have to check them :)
So I need an ARTNET peripheral to control them for me, plugged directly into my computer, that's all, no switches. I don't need the POE function, in fact it is used with external power supply. How come QLC sees it, dmx output cue to IP but no dmx signal comes out?
GGGss

What artnet universe do you instruct QLC+ to send out?
And what artnet universe is bound to the physical XLR output?
Have a look at the configuration page of the node.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
djmax87

GGGss wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:46 am What artnet universe do you instruct QLC+ to send out?
And what artnet universe is bound to the physical XLR output?
Have a look at the configuration page of the node.
Hi, all about universe 1, having few lights I have never added or changed universe, this is the strange thing, that's why I don't understand what I'm wrong and why EUROLITE tells me about lack of compatibility
Yestalgia

Okay,

Here's a link to the manual: https://www.steinigke.de/download/70064 ... -de_en.pdf

Try the following (Assuming no switch/router between your computer and the node)
  • Set the IP address of your computer's ethernet port to 192.168.1.10 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0
  • Access the node via the Web @ http://192.168.1.20
  • Make sure the settings match with the image
  • In QLC+ select ArtNet "192.168.1.10" as the output for universe 1
  • Double Click ArtNet "192.168.1.10" to configure the Artnet Universe to 1
Hopefully this combination of settings works for you. If you're still having trouble please attach screenshots of both the Web config and QLC+ config.
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture.PNG
djmax87

solved guys ... it was simply ... as you did I noticed a problem of universes ... or rather the device from the web page set one and QLC saw another but did not speak the same language ... the product it worked fine. Thank you all :)