Query regarding fixture definitions for Philips Hue Smartlights

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
toxicteddymusic

Hello, QLC+ community.

I have recently started using QLC+ in tandem with a Github utility called DMX-Hue, which allows Philips Hue smartlights to be controlled as regular 3/4 channel fixtures over Artnet.
The 3 channels are R,G and B, with an optional transition time channel.

Would it be right to try to add them as fixture definitions, since they are not standard DMX fixtures but work natively only via HTTP?
I'm currently using them as generic RGB fixtures, but wondering if the community would benefit from this addition to the library.

I see Philips Selecon as a manufacturer, but not sure if adding a profile for a new manufacturer for non-DMX fixtures is the correct move.

Please advise!
GGGss

Since they don't have a DMX footprint, I would prefer not to add them. But then, if you want to use them in visualisation, you need a DMX address. So then I would add them ;-)
And you are talking about Artnet, so then for sure!
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Yestalgia

I'd suggest having DMX-Hue be the manufacturer and Philips Hue be the fixture name.

There's a bunch of these solutions around that might have different DMX profiles.