Dynamically Set Queue List Chaser

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
charliem

Hi All,

I am using the show feature to trigger various different chasers at different points in the song. The backing track is also part of the show, so everything is perfectly in sync. What I want to do is have the show dictate which particular chasers are running etc, but then have the audio trigger advance the step whilst they are active in time to the beat.

The closest I have been able to come is using a Speed Controller with all the chasers in the show bound to it. An audio trigger is then mapped to the tap button of the speed controller. This manages to roughly speed up or slow them down relative to the song, but they aren't in sync as the timings vary.

I know I can add a Cue List to the virtual console add a chaser to it and bind the audio trigger to the next button. My problem is a I can't see a way to get the show to decide what Chaser should be loaded into the CueList. Is there a way to load them dynamically?

Thanks,

Charlie
GGGss

No there isn't. If I understand you correcly, you can build multiple shows (so these are multiple songs) and set the pace for these shows.
If you want to have a playlist of some sort, you could put all your shows in some order in this chaser and per play / next advance to the next song (and show).
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
charliem

Thanks for the reply.

What I have discovered is that you can have a dedicated CueList for the chaser. If the chaser is deactivated it wont do anything (if you disable the auto play when pressing next). Then when the show activates a specific Chaser the CueList will then be receptive to the audio trigger and when the show deactivates it, it stops.

However that would mean having a CueList for each chaser and one Audio Trigger. So what I need to do is have 1 audio trigger fire lots of chasers next buttons. However you can only directly bind one button to the trigger. What I was thinking was could I map the audio trigger to a DMX channel and then have that somehow fire lots of next buttons on all the queue lists. Should that work? Is there a better way to achieve this?

Thanks

Charlie
charliem

I have managed to make this work! I will post what I did in case anyone else is interested in doing this in the future.

Firstly I created a generic fixture and created a sequence to enable and disable this fixtures channel. That sequence was mapped to the trigger of the Audio Trigger widget. Then I mapped the output of that universe via loop back to another universes input. I added a mapping profile for a button type on the relevant channel of the input universe. That external input was then used to trigger the next button on every Cue List I wanted to sound activate. All I then had to do was either use a button or show to enable the individual sequences as and when required.

Not sure of the performance of all this. Tested it with 9 different sound activated CueLists so for and it all seems ok. Thats running on a raspberry pi 4.
GGGss

Welcome to the Loopback Magic. This is really a very powerful toy. If now only we could use some logical functions built-in ... AND OR NAND etc.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore