QLC+ not (always) responding to websocket messages

The issues found when using the web interface
Banus

Hi all,

I'm building an external show trigger with an ESP32 and using the ArduinoHTTPClient library to make a ws connection with QLC+.
I've set up a connection and sending the following message:

client.beginMessage(TYPE_TEXT);
client.print("QLC+API|setFunctionStatus|114|1");
client.endMessage();

This code works sometimes, 1 in 10 presses seems to come over. I'm curious what could make this so unreliable.
I've tested the ESP32 with "PieSocket" a online ws tester and the messages come in clear.
Also when I test the test_api.html (on different machine in network) QLC+ reacts directly.
Am I overlooking something? The message seems OK.

I hope you have enough information, I will gladly provide you with more when needed.

Banus
Banus

Running 4.12.6 Windows 10
GGGss

Try to snoop the network traffic ith f.i. wireshark and verify that network packets are sent.
To understand better, I'd need an overview of your network settings.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Banus

Hi GGGss,

I've installed wireshark on the receiving end.(QLC+ PC)
I Cannot attach the wireshark file so i hosted it here: https://filebin.net/267eohhh4caopy9b
In this recording I've pressed the button 3 times. Luckly press 2 was coming through and triggered the function.

Banus
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2022-10-26 104823.png
GGGss

Weird - your snoop only shows one way direction messages... isn't it suppose to send back an ACK? This would mean the sockets stays open until timeout...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore