QLC+ Programming Wing

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
KyleSunderland

Hi there! I'm a freshman / year 10 student in high school using QLC+ to run lighting for my middle school productions. I just moved on to high school last year, after hanging my lights and running their shows for 2 years. I plan on still going back to help them out with their shows (they have no lighting above their stage, and don't plan on ever buying any). I don't have the time to program their shows, and am planning on teaching the students there to program using QLC. The program is incredibly simple to use, and I'm so grateful for that. But I figured where the learning will be on a tight time constraint, it might be easier if students had a physical keyboard to work with.

I took this idea from a couple lighting designers on reddit building boards for the ETC EOS software, and figured I could do the same with QLC. It turned out looking pretty good, and definitely speeds up programming for me. Hopefully it will facilitate easier learning too. :)
Full Wing.jpg
Keypad.jpg
Function Wing.jpg
If anyone is interested, I can post a link to the keyboard used and the programming and keycap files.
I'm not entirely sure how to go about posting the code for the shortcuts used... maybe a fork or something on github? (I'm pretty new to git)
The shortcuts are also a bit jumbled up all over the place and not very consistent in terms of modifiers, but they work and shouldn't have any conflicts with system shortcuts.. at least on linux. :D
didou64

Very interesting.
If you can provide link to keyboard and shorcuts, it would be great.

Thank you.
Regards,
Didou
QLC+ Version: 4.12.0
KyleSunderland

The keyboard used is the Cherry SPOS G86-61401. I found mine on Ebay for relatively cheap, but other models could be used (and might be preferred depending on if you want more keys)
I found that you can't move the alphanumeric keys around. Their function can be changed in the software but they are keyed so they won't fit into other spots. The rest can be moved.

I intended to use modifiers (ex. ALT + Copy to copy the cue itself rather than the values), but I found that my model of keyboard won't send the programmed macro until after the modifier
is released. I don't know if this is how it is on other models but I might add a second set of "super" copy and paste buttons. Inefficient, but it should work if I can't get modifiers to.

The keycaps file and the shortcuts used are in this folder. A Coreldraw and SVG file for both files are there, and a PDF for the keycaps if no changes need to be made.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Let me know if everything works.

Thanks,
Kyle :oops:

EDIT:
Looks like I had posted the wrong link. It's been fixed.
didou64

Many thanks.
I'll have a look and let you know...
Regards,
Didou
QLC+ Version: 4.12.0
Khamul

hi man
i need know how you create the mapping of buttons of QLC+
the blakout or the create scene.

i have a MIDI controller.
Yestalgia

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the files - looks great! I've just picked up some of these keyboards and will be having a play shortly.
Khamul wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:03 pm hi man
i need know how you create the mapping of buttons of QLC+
I can see how you did the "blackout" mapping but I also would like to know how you mapped the "tabs" of QLC+ to the buttons.

Cheers!