Fun-Generation LED Pot 12x1W RGBW is incorrect

The issues found when using the Fixture Manager panel
Justmarije

Hey,

I was working with some lights recently and i discovered that the LED PAR mentioned in the title has an incorrect profile. in 8 channel mode channel 7 has 2 different functions depending on what the state is of channel 6 but these 2 functions have been seperated into seperate channels (7 and 8) which should not be the case. This isnt that problematic but it does cause QLC+ to reserve an unused channel for each par and makes using the strobe slightly unintuitive.

I dont know if this isssue is being worked on but i would love to see it fixed
GGGss

Welcome to the forum.
In a joint effort you can ask for adoptions of the fixture definition.
In general, I (we?) don't use the built in functions of the fixtures. Maybe that is the reason why it hasn't been noticed before.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
edogawa

Hello,

this definition needs an alias definition for 8 channel mode.

I'm not experienced in writing these, and have certain problems wrapping my head around the logic ;-)

But I've tried and here's a modified fixture definition. Lacking the physical fixture, I cannot test it, but in Simple desk it seems to do what the manual says - channel 7 is set to "Program settings" unless channel 6 is in the range of capability "Activate colour macro for channel 7" (1 - 16), in which case channel 7 is being replaced by "Colour Macro" (which I removed from the 8 channel mode definition so that it indeed has 8 channels now).

I didn't deal with handling "Blackout" (channel 6 at value 0), but I don't think that's needed anyways.

If you report back that this works correctly, Massimo surely will update the definition so it gets delivered in future releases.
Attachments
Fun-Generation-LED-Pot-12x1W-RGBW-alias.qxf
(4.04 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
mcallegari

Looks good to me, thanks