How to prepare some scenes (live) and launch them together with a fader ?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
dvthomas

Hello all,

I'm using QLC+ since few years, on laptop and raspberry pi, with only keyboard and mouse or sometimes an Elation MIDICON2, depending on the needs.

I've seen this video from a light designer explaining his "live behavior" : he's selecting some different scenes (or could be collections), and they are "released" to DMX output with a fader used for fade time (from infinite to zero).
- infinite makes the elected scenes not pushed to DMX output
- fade time launch the modification more or less quickly depending on the fader's position

https://youtu.be/tRlJN1LALFk?t=152

I'm wondering if such behavior is possible in QLC ?

one workarround I found is to use a chaser, go to "functions" tab to add new steps, and then go back to live console to modify fade time or duration, but that is not very quick to do like this live.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
GGGss

Those are all TEMP latched cues in GMa2, possibly with the preview or blind mode on. You can select whatever in this mode and release it by undoing the preview or blind mode.

You can build a busk-show in QLC+ but cannot go 'blind'.
The workaround would be using collections. If you want to release a combination of scenes by the press of a button -> use collections. These you can adopt while in show, busking around. Releasing edit-mode and applying the freshly adopted collection does mimic this behaviour.
In my busking layout on VC, I have like 8 buttons in standby bound to a noop collection. While in production I use these buttons for accents in the show. Beware of the HTP and LTP behaviour of the channels. Disabling the 'collections-magic' does lead to some unwelcome looks on stage, but I guess you'll be the only one noticing this.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
dvthomas

Hello @GGGss,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have some free buttons on my midicon, I'll try you solution to map them with some available buttons into VC and use live edit solution.
Another solution could be to modify collections, but because the function modification is in another tab than VC, it is not very convenient to both modify / create a collection live and interact on the ongoing show.

Have a nice end of day
Regards