Dimmer control option missing on RGB matrix

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
drewsifdesigns

My show file somehow went blank and now I have to start from scratch. The problem I am running into now is there is no dimmer control options on the RGB matrix which I had before to get the lights to work. Any ideas on how to get this option back or how to get my lights to react to the RGB matrix would be greatly appreciated.

This is a screenshot of what my window looks like. You can see there is no option in the bottom right.
drewsifdesigns

I downloaded QLC+ 4.12.2 (25.08.2019) and the toggle for dimmer control is now there.
n9yty

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am trying this feature out for the first time with some of the $30 36W LED par cans... If I activate the matrix and go to simple desk I can see the RGB channel sliders being activated but intensity is left at 0 for all lights. If I manually put intensity to max in simple desk then the RGB Matrix effects work.

I am running v4.12.6 on macOS. My screen looks like your screenshot above, there is no setting for dimmer control.
GGGss

In general, I keep my intensity levels separate from everything else.
So I have a frame of level sliders on my VC, being able to control the total amount of light on the stage.
Independent of whatever function is running.
That is: IF your fixtures do have an intensity channel - you're good.
If not, you will have to work with submasters and oh boy(!) that is not practical. Now, this would need a Virtual Dimmer channel, which still has to be invented inside QLC+.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
n9yty

The real question for me is, did the option go away and why? Was it intentional? I do understand your separation of function, so you can move independently of either intensity or colors, it just takes a little more setup work to get going but the payoff is there in the end. Just curious why it went away entirely.
GGGss

In the new version you now have multiple options on how the matrix will influence the outcome.
Have a look:
ScreenHunter_40 Oct. 04 12.15.png
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mherma04

Hi,
First time poster - I am having the same issue. The Dimmer control option is missing when I try and create an RGB Matrix. I on a MacBook Pro Monterey 12.5.1, I updated from QLC+ 4.12.5 to 4.12.6, but this didn't solve the problem. Some of the fixtures in the fixture group have dimmers, some don't. I tried using only fixtures that have a dimmer - still no Dimmer Control button.

Screenshot and .qxw files attached.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks for a great program.

Mischa
Attachments
No Dimmer Button.qxw
(17.53 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
QLC+ No Dimmer Button.png
mcallegari

I can reply here.
Dimmer conrol has been removed on purpose.
The principle is that QLC+ functions should be specialized in specific functionalities (EFX for movements, RGB Matrix for colors, etc)
However, over time QLC+ users asked for more, so RGB Matrix can control other channels and EFX can control colors...
To me, this is quite inconsistent, even though I appreciate the flexibility. (not even talking about maintaining so many scenarios)

At last, dimmer control had flaws on multiple heads, so I preferred users to create Collections with a Scene raising exactly the dimmer channels needed.

I could restore the option, but I'd prefer to avoid it. For sure it won't be there in QLC+ 5.
mherma04

Hi Massimo,
Thanks for the quick response, got it. So I've created a scene with the dimmer channels I need and added it to a collection with the RGB matrix function.

Thanks for all your work!
Cheers,
Mischa
markzvo

Removing this feature is difficult with the Show Manager.
WITH dimmer control, I could add an RGB matrix on one track to control all 12 of my LED bars with an RGB matrix pattern.
WITHOUT dimmer control, I now need two tracks; one with the LED bar RGB matrix pattern, and another extra track with just a silly sequence only to turn on the dimmers of the LED bars :(

Is there a better way? Otherwise I think the dimmer control should be added back because this makes creating shows more difficult.