Introducing myself to the QLC+ Community!

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
toxicteddymusic

A very warm hello to the QLC+ community!

My name is Bhargav, and I'm a musician based in Bangalore, India.
My main job is a 9-5 in IT where I work on touchscreen displays, LEDs and buttons for HP printers, so my interest in lighting luckily spans across to my day job as well!

I got fascinated by the world of programmed lighting after watching the lighting engineer of the band Meshuggah treat his GrandMA console as an off-stage musical instrument to play the lights in sync with the music. I've been wanting to implement the same in my music for a long time!

It has been a long time coming, but now, I'm excited to share that dream is about to become a reality!

I have been using 3 Philips Hue smartlights in video sync mode thus far, but they don't respond to DMX/Artnet straightaway.
They work in sound and video sync modes. So for each video where I want synced lights, I have to create a 'lighting map' video that splits the screen into thirds, and then those thirds are animated to be in sync with the music.

Here's what the final output looks like:

I have 2 Philips Hue RGB bulbs and a Hue RGB LED strip.
I have figured out a way recently to control the smartlights as regular Artnet DMX fixtures using a DMX-Hue utility I found online on Github.

I now plan to purchase a few moving heads, and a laser bar and smoke machine to make that initial dream of a perfectly synced lighting show come true with the help of QLC+!

I look forward to learning from the community and implementing the ideas and concepts in my projects. Cheers!
GGGss

Welcome to the forum.
Depending on taste and likes, a steady static color does work better - you can change at verse and chorus and if I want them to be triggered by audio, I choose to only change intensity by say 30%... unless in EDM, but that a complete other game.
Nicely done
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore