DJ Techtools Midi Fighter Twister

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
doce

does anybody know whether this encoder Board can be usen in QLC+ for example x y z Axis controller for a movinglight?
thanks
DJ Techtools Midi Fighter Twister
GGGss

Depending on what midi mode it uses ? Yes?
x y z isn't what you are looking for in conjunction with moving heads... It's 2D pan and tilt (the 3th dimension you get for free)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
doce

yes you are right , it is more a general Question about this controller and its usability as encoder / positioner for moving lights and the like.
Does anybody use this controller for this purpose?
doce

hello there
unfortunatelly testing was no success.
the encoder wheel(s )show strange behaivour like on the fist turn of the knob value increases from 0 to 127 or 130 and remain there . i cannot lower the value, it hangs around127 and 130
any thoughts ?
doce

what i noticed is that DJ Techtools Midi Fighter Twister encoder sends a midi command which increases from 0 to 130 no matter what direction of turn i use
this means clockwise or anti clockwise generates the same command
strange isnt it?
GGGss

and what is even more strange ... midi is 7bit so there is NO digital possibility to get a value of 130...
How or where do you read these values? I think, for debugging purposes, it's better to use a midi tool.
It also might be that your device is sending CC signals, which are mal-interpreted.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
doce

the value 130 is shown in the VC probably as DMX value
I found the Docs to this device and will spend some time working through..
GGGss

If the VC is showing you 130 (or 131 - depending on the flip-side-of-things) You got Input - and that is important.
How things will come out, that's the manual to say...