Audio bug

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
kenact

I have a Chase set up with preshow music, with several different tracks. In previous versions, if I clicked next, the playing track would stop, and the next track would play.

This no longer works in 4.12.6. Clicking next does not stop the currently playing track. Clicking next continues playing the current track, and starts playing the next, at the same time.

Using a loopback to fade the music, works, to an extent. It doesn't actually stop the track either, it just lowers the volume, but the track continues to play through the end.

This may also have something to do with another bug I reported earlier today.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15808

For the play I'm doing, I'm going to have to switch back to 4.12.5

This is easy to replicate. Create a Chase with 2 audio tracks. Set the Hold to be the length of the audio track. Start playing the first track. Before the track finishes, click Next. The second track will start playing while the first track continues to play.

Add a loop back to fade out the music, click to fade. If you raise the volume on your speakers, you'll hear the track continuing to play, at a low volume, until the track completes.
kenact

I just checked. The bug is in 4.12.5 as well. It isn't in 4.12.4.
sbenejam

I tested on Ubuntu 22.04 QLC+ 4.12.7-GIT setting duration of the steps to infinite and tested with the duration set to the duration of the audio files, works as expected.
kenact

I'm running Windows 10 x64

As my referenced post stated, I'm on a Dell D630 laptop, 8gb RAM, T9500 2.60ghz processor, 1tb 7200 RPM hd, SigmaTel audio.

This is not an intermittent bug.
mcallegari

Sorry guys, I just tested and cannot reproduce.
I'm on Linux using the latest sources (which don't change the audio part though)
I'm gonna try on Windows, perhaps it's OS-related (or Qt-related)
mcallegari

Just tested also on Windows and everything is OK there too.
This is what I'm doing:
audio_cue.png
audio_cue.png (9.08 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
kenact

mcallegari wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:41 pm Just tested also on Windows and everything is OK there too.
This is what I'm doing:
audio_cue.png
Massimo,

That isn't the scenario I presented, but I did just test with your scenario, and I get the same results I stated, on multiple machines.

If, while the first music file is playing, you click into the second music file, the first continues to play to the end of that track. I have been able to recreate this on 4 different PCs. 2 Dell D630s, a Dell M6700 and a Gigabyte SLI Tower. I attach a picture of how I set up my Preshow music, but even if I set it up as you did, if I click into the second track, before the first track is finished, the first track continues to play.

The other issue is, using a loopback to fade the music Chase, whatever track/step is playing when the fade out starts, continues to play to the end of the track, though it is a very low volume, even though the Chase shows as being off.

In my Chase, the Duration is set to the Duration reported when you import and audio file into QLC+.
Attachments
Audio Bug.jpg
kenact

I have a short video, showing the problem, but I don't see away to upload it.
BJB

Was curious about this so decided to test for myself.
On a Dell Windows 10 desktop, the behaviour is indeed as described in the original post.
If you have a 0ms fade in / fade out time, clicking on next plays the next track over the top of the preceding one and so on. What's more, it's seems impossible to stop any of the tracks playing at all.
As a workaround, critical thing seems to be to have a finite fade out time set, even 1ms. Then it seems to work as expected playing tracks in a sequential playlist. Fade in time doesn't seem to have any effect.
kenact

BJB wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:08 am As a workaround, critical thing seems to be to have a finite fade out time set, even 1ms. Then it seems to work as expected playing tracks in a sequential playlist. Fade in time doesn't seem to have any effect.
Thanks BJB, that seems to resolve both problems. Using a loopback to fade out, actually fades it all the way out and stop the track from playing.
kenact

BJB wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:08 am On a Dell Windows 10 desktop, the behaviour is indeed as described in the original post.
Just one clarification, so people don't get the idea that it's only related to Dell computers. The exact same thing happens on a Gigabyte and an ASUS tower.
mcallegari

With the proper indications (that's why we always ask for a sample project/screenshot/many details) I reproduced the issue also on Linux.
In a few minutes I fixed it.
As soon as the Windows build is ready I will publish it in the test area, so you can download and validate the fix.
kenact

mcallegari wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:53 pm With the proper indications (that's why we always ask for a sample project/screenshot/many details) I reproduced the issue also on Linux.
In a few minutes I fixed it.
As soon as the Windows build is ready I will publish it in the test area, so you can download and validate the fix.
Thanks Massimo
sbenejam

I just tested the latest changes and seems to work as expected on Ubuntu 22.04 and QLC+ 4.12.7-GIT. I don't test yesterday the fade in/fade out in the steps of the cue list.