MIDI OPERATION AND CC COMMANDS

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
tonymoore

Hi

I am using a Macbook (Sur) with latest update of QLC+ and need to be able to trigger scenes by sending MIDI CC commands.

I have been doing this, so far, using DASLIGHT where each scene can be assigned a midi note/cc command value, these are then triggered when I run my show on a second Mac using Millumin via a USB Midi interface. This way all light changes coincide with specific moments in the show as pre programmed.

I want to be able to do the same with QLC, however, at this stage I can't seem to get a button in virtual console to even recognise MIDI.

I have Midi enabled on Universe 2

I then open button widget

I then select CHOOSE - and choose Midi

But when I press OK, it goes back to just INPUT INVERSE: NONE and INPUT CHANNEL:NONE

I know I must be doing something stupid, but can't see where I am going wrong as it seems to be recognising a MIDI interface.

Once that problem is solved, is there a way of creating CC commands, along the lines of "CC 16(channel) /120 (value)" etc

Or can you only input Midi values by pressing a key/knob on a controller (which Millumin doesn't have - it just sends MIDI CC commands that are programmed in)

Thanks in advance for any help

All the best
Tony