New computer. Fixture definitions not recognized

The issues found when using the Fixture Definition Editor application
techtech

Hi
We're replacing our old windows 10 computer with a new windows 11 computer. I have copied the hundreds of show files and the fixtured definitions and pasted them into the new computers QLC+. The problem is the show files do not recognize my fixtures. It does recognize one of my fixtures, my ADJ DOTZ. So I know something is working but it refuses to recognize my Chauvet. (P-56, Ovation 910FC and COLORdash tri 18) I've recreated the fixture definitions from scratch using the fixture editor. I've removed them and replaced them from the fixture file. I've deleted everything and started over. I'm at a loss. I have far too many show files to edit each one individually. Any clue what I'm missing?
mcallegari

https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... swers.html
Item #4. That is where you copy personal fixtures
techtech

I think I found the problem. The fixture definitions given to me were not from the user file. The ones given to me were from the root folder and when I recreated them from scratch, the names were not identical. .... so I think.. I'm still getting a error on my 910's but I think I know what's going on now. Thanks so much.
Last edited by techtech on Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
GGGss

techtech wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:03 pm when I recreated them from scratch, the names were not identical
Think again please ... if you REcreate them and you change the label of something, how on earth would QLC+ be able to detect your mishap (read: typo)?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore