Set dimmer percentage

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
kenact

I haven't found any posts that address this.

I'm running lights for a show in a theater festival, which means I'm at the mercy of the local TD. Two lights went out last night and were replaced. When I came in today, those two instruments were brighter than before. I didn't have time to adjust each of the cues they were in, so I was stuck with two lights, too bright.

Something that would have helped, if there were a way to do it, would be a way to set the percentage of brightness for a particular instrument. For instance, if a light was twice as bright as it should be, set the percentage to 50%, so that when that dimmer is brought to 255, it's really only 127. If it's brought to 127, it's at 63.

In my case tonight, both instruments were used in almost every scene. It would have been good to be able to set these two instruments to 66%. So effectively, in a scene where they were at 64, the effect would have been lowered to 42. 128 would have effectively been 84.

Is there any way to do such a thing? Would it be possible to use a feedback channel for this?

I can see a scenario where it might be useful to be able to go in the other direction as well, when a bulb that was 500 watts is replaced with a 300 watt bulb. So, any patch that has that instrument set between 1 and 153, would be translated to 3 - 255. Of course in that case, anything above 153 would be limited to 255.
janosvitok

Check out channel modifiers. It allows you to draw a tranformaton curve. In your case it is enough to draw a a line from [0,0] to [255,168], and in the latter case, two lines [0,0]-[153,255] and [153,255]-[255,255].

You have to apply the curve to each channel affected. You can save the curve and reuse it, you don't have ti draw it again and again.

https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... rties.html
kenact

Perfect. Thank you very much.