Couple of problems, one seems resolved.

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
Rockbyter

Hi all, still on the learning curve. Using 2 QTX par 180 and 1 Equinox Fusion Orbit. Made a few scenes then added to 2 tracks on show manager, one for the pars and track two for the Fusion. All works so added to a chase so the show would repeat. When run it plays two iterations then stops for the hold time of 1m40s then plays again, I have got it working by making the hold time 500ms less than the show time and now it goes back to start and plays again as I want it to. Odd behaviour and no real problem but I tried everything else and failed.
Second is the Grand master Dimmer in virtual console. When I start up it works and dims all the lights but after a short time it just stops working! Slider moves, everything the same but none of the lights react to it. I have added my fixture files to the site so maybe someone could have a look see if I have made any major errors. My simple workspace is attached. Go easy on me as I am a real beginner at this.

Tried V5 beta but was the same and I kept crashing it building a different console.

Windows 10 all up to date. using a simple USB/DMX interface.
Attachments
Console.qxw
(32.31 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
GGGss

hmm - the grandmaster does what it's supposed to do...
If you want to verify your logic vs the real world, use the DMX monitor to check your values.
Keep in mind that all intensity channels have the HTP logic. So the highest value (from where ever it comes (scenes, or fader levels or ... will have priority)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Rockbyter

Used the dmx monitor and it does not follow the GM. Let me get this right, if the running scene, function or show is running will it override the GM or will the GM take priority? As I said it works a couple of times then does nothing, usually when I have reduced it to 0 and then back to 100% it stops working. Thanks for the reply, I will investigate further. Ideally I would prefer all the intensity controls at 100% and not changeable by scenes but only by the Master slider.
GGGss

Rockbyter wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:51 pm will it override the GM or will the GM take priority?
The GM is the last soldier before the battle. So yes it will influence all intensity channels.
Rockbyter wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:51 pm Ideally I would prefer all the intensity controls at 100% and not changeable by scenes but only by the Master slider.
Use the simple desk for this. Values set in the simple desk overrule all other set values. The Grand Master also does limit these simple desk values.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Rockbyter

Thanks for the interest, my error it seems. The QTX par 180 master dimmer channel only works on the RGB. I was using the built in fade and jump functions which appear to be 100% all the time when in DMX mode. So.. I need to make my own jump, fade and scroll functions in order to be able to dim them. Need to do it this way as the lights are just too bright on full power, literally blinding. Again, thanks.
edogawa

It's very common that the Master dimmer channel only works on RGB etc. intensity channels, not for any FX, sound 2 light or similar capabilities. These usually override whatever the intensity channels are set to. I don't recall having seen that with any fixture I've had access to, at least.