Flash button with touchscreen

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Centauri

Have just installed QLC+ 4.12.6 on new (second hand) touch screen computer (running Windows 10 if that makes any difference) and have noticed that any button on virtual desktop set to flash function requires a double tap on the touchscreen to operate it - flash function works as normal using mouse, and touch works properly when button set to toggle. Having to double tap a flash button sort of negates its usefulness.... Pretty sure my old computer and old version of QLC+ did not do this.
Is this behaviour to do with QLC+ or perhaps the operating system, and can it be changed ?
GGGss

A flash button on my touchscreen is perfectly tappable.
It must be a Windows settings thingy. You have controls for the touch screen and controls for the gestures. I'd reset them both to default?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Centauri

Thanks for reply - good to know that it isn't an issue with QLC. Doesn't seem to be many options for touch on this machine - it isn't a big processor & all the crap in Windows 10 (pre installed) slows it down a bit - might go back to Windows 7 which didn't seem to have this issue.
Centauri

Ok, so I went back to Windows 8.1 (earliest version supported by manufacturer drivers) & problem remains - flash button in virtual desktop will not work unless double-tapped on touchscreen :(
Attached is test .qxw file with 2dimmers, 2 scenes attached to 2 buttons - one button alternate, one button set to flash. On my touchscreen computer (Dell Inspiron 3043) the flash button has to be double-tapped. Can someone try this file on their touchscreen to see if it works properly please?
Thanks
Attachments
Test.qxw
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
maquelle

Hello,
I had the same problem with my small HP PC with touchscreen when using Windows (in general and not just 10).
Other solution instead of double-tap is to tap and just move a little bit the finger as if you want to drag button.

Finally, I leave Windows 10 to install Linux and everything works fine.
GGGss

Did someone tried this?
Click Start , and then type mouse in the search field.
Click Change your mouse settings.
Click Additional mouse options.
In Mouse Properties, click the TouchPad tab. ...
Uncheck Double Tap to Enable or Disable TouchPad. ...
Click Apply, and then click OK.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Centauri

GGGss, my computer is an all-in-one so does not have a touchpad, so don't know if that has any affect.

One thing I noticed when playing with my test file, is that even the alternate button activates only when I LIFT my finger off the screen, not when it touches the screen - which explains the action of the flash buttons, and also explains why my timing seemed a little off at a gig I did on the weekend, and is NOT the action required. My old computer was old technology optical touch screen which did work on initial touch, but was slow & activated by insects crawling on screen! Current computer is capacitive touchscreen, so the action may be related to Windows touch drivers & accommodating gestures etc, which could be what maquelle was experiencing.

Computer will be dedicated to lighting control, so may try Linux & see if it's touchscreen drivers work the correct way - may try Linux Mint & see what happens.
keukenrol

I have encountered the same issue with my laptop (W10 x64) and a portable USB-C touchscreen. I'll look into the touchpad setting!
Centauri

Update:
After a LOT of mucking around, I installed LinuxMint, the dongle drivers, & QLC+ Linux version, and success !! Buttons & flash buttons work as expected on the touchscreen - woohoo !

So, general recommendation is if you wish to use QLC+ with a touchscreen, don't use Windows operating system.