A deactivated solo frames still prevents to launch multiple scenes

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
ArcTis

Hej guys!

I have a very weird problem. To cut off the time it takes to make scenes in X different colors and combinations i want to launch multiple scenes/chaser at once. So far so easy. BUT! In some circumstances i want to prevent this. I press a button, all the other scenes deactivate. Also pretty simple with a solo frame.

But when i make a solo and normal frame which both include the same scenes and deactivate the solo frame it still prevents me from activating 2 scenes at once.

I attached a sample workspace. Is there no way around this? I find this behavior really silly :S
When the solo frame is deactivated it should't prevent me from triggering the same scenes :-/

Thank you all in advance :)
Attachments
soloframe.qxw
(5.49 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
GGGss

The answer is simple: if you reuse a scene inside another frame, this scene will be fired from the other frame. Even if the frame is disabled.
For this to work you need to clone them...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
ArcTis

GGGss wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:07 am The answer is simple: if you reuse a scene inside another frame, this scene will be fired from the other frame. Even if the frame is disabled.
For this to work you need to clone them...
i know this but i cant trigger scenes in a deactivated frame so its just a silly behavior. What is the point in deactivating then :ugeek:

if i clone them i have to make 2 9x9 button grids. Its quite the opposite of what i am trying to do :D
GGGss

Marc,

This may be a workflow you don't really like, but having the possibility to 'share' the same function inside different frames gives us another nice problem-solving solution.

What is the point that you trigger a scene, which lives in one frame, where the other frame is disabled, and the scene doing exactly the same?
Except for the 'I want to share the same scene over multiple pages, thus saving external buttons', I can't understand your asking...
(hint: if you use 1 frame with multiple pages, the scene would not be fired in this case)
i know this but i cant trigger scenes in a deactivated frame so its just a silly behavior. What is the point in deactivating then
You cannot trigger scenes inside a deactivated frame. The won't come active. In your example, the scene resides in a activated and non activated frame, so it will get triggered.
if i clone them i have to make 2 9x9 button grids. Its quite the opposite of what i am trying to do
Elborate on what you are trying to do please?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
ArcTis

hi! Thank for your reply.

We have build a 5x4 matrix out of flat Pars. I programmed some sweet RGB Matrix effects in 8 different colors each (The Mask function dosn't really work for us here.
So the idea is to allow the user to turn on multiple matrix effects at the same time for rainbow colors or diffrent colors / effects at the same time. But to quickly switch to a diffrent effect without turning everything else off a solo frame would do the trick. Therefore i created frame with 2 sites each with a 9x9 grid of buttons. One in a solo frame, one i a simple frame. When I feel like miking i activate the simple frame with one button (which also switches to the second site) and when i want ti quickly disable all running matrix scenes i turn on the solo frame (which switches to site one an deactivates the simple frame) and now i can press one button for a complete change of my matrix.
Somehow i thought a deactivated frame also deactivtes all active scenes inside it. But it doesnt :(
And also the deactivated solo frame still useses its power to limit the active scenes :(

Currently I try my best to automate what I want with loopbacks. Its ugly but i quess i could make it work. Now its mo personal then usefull. Our gig was last saturday but I need to make it work :D
GGGss

Well in this case I would include a 'kill-all' scene in all your solo frames.
So 1 'kill-all' button resets all your solo frames (weather they are en- or disabled).
By pressing this one button, all solo's are reset and then your users can restart selecting whatever effect they want.

Now what is important here (I told you before that the reuse of a scene comes in handy) -> you have to use exactly the same scene in all solo frames. By pressing one, you select x-number of scenes. Now how handy is that?
ArcTis

Yeah i used that method to kill all scenes when i want to start a specific chase in combination with collections but man what a hassle.

i wish the scripting function would be more capable, since i work as a programmer it would make my life sooooooooooooo much more easy. Right now i just code all my effects with the RGB Matrix API because it is so much faster to accomplish what i need. Sometimes i open the qxw file in an IDE and edit it directly - if you know your way around regex its a wonder what you can achive in so little time o.O
I basicly code the virtual console directly in XML. Maybe i just deman to much ^^

But thanks anyway :)