Flash buttons + Flash functionality

Tobias95

Hello, I'm using QLC a lot, even in more complex concert situations. The reason why I use QLC is the easy and intuitiv concept of this engine. Now, in days of Corona, I'm trying to find out how powerful QLC is. And a big disadvantage that I see with QLC is the integration of flash buttons or the flash functionality. Let me explain it in a simple example:
You have multiple buttons with basic color scenes in a solo frame and a flash button with a white blinder scene outside this frame. Now, if a basic color scene is pressed (e.g. red) and you want to blind white, the light on stage looks red + white. When you release the flash button the light is red. But in my opinion this behavior of the flash button is not correct respectively ideal. For me a flash button must be able to temporarily override a scene while this flash button is pressed. So in relation to the simple example it means, if the red basic scene is activated and you press the flash button all red values has to be set to zero and only the white blinder should be seen on stage. After releasing the flash button the red scene should be visible again. Switching to LTP for the color channels is a possibility but this is not a solution when you are working with several frames and more complex environments.
As I said before, I think that a flash button has been able to temporarily override a running scene. For this, flash buttons must have a higher priority in QLC (just like in other programs).
Maybe my feedback could help with future software development. I would be very happy about this function.

Best regards,
Tobias
GGGss

You are referring to RGB+W fixtures, right? Unfortunately, QLC+ isn't 'aware' of the white channel...
Utopic, QLC should be able to take a snapshot of running functions, reset them, start the flash scene(s), and resume back to the snapshot... but hey - that is very complex to program and to understand for the operator...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Tobias95

Yes i only use RGB+W fixtures. I my opinion it would be nice, if QLC has this functionality. These days more and more fixtures have RGB+W or even more colors. So i think that this topic gets even more relevant in future. Also the possibility of better flash functionality.
Yestalgia

I believe you can achieve this using the new RGB matrix. Try using the "Animation" widget. It is aware of the white channel from memory.

Cheers,
Lachie