Ethernet & Usb

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
mikewild

Hello
I have a Ethernet DMX (Chauvet DMX-AN 2).
All configured, and programmed.

Q. If I bought a USB DMX box, would I need to change the connection configuration (the checkbox settings?)

I will not be using both DMX units at the same time. Rather USB on one disco setup, and Ethernet on a seperate disco setup.
GGGss

mikewild wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:39 pm
Q. If I bought a USB DMX box, would I need to change the connection configuration (the checkbox settings?)

I will not be using both DMX units at the same time. Rather USB on one disco setup, and Ethernet on a seperate disco setup.
Yes. You, at least, will have to change the input-output settings in QLC+ from one venue to the other. But this will be the least of your problems since I cannot imagine the exact copy of your fixtures in all venues... Let alone be the mounting positions of your movers etc...
Changing venues needs a setup time from almost none to many many hours.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mikewild

are the input and output settings saved with the fixture moves in the qxw file?
could i have two files .qxw files one for each venue?
GGGss

mikewild wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:27 pm are the input and output settings saved with the fixture moves in the qxw file?
No, but what are you asking here?
fixtures moves?
Fixtures are bound to their universe. Where the universe outputs its signals is set inside the input-output tab.
If you use your USB interface and set QLC+ to use this, it will output signals to this interface.
If you now disconnect your USB interface, QLC+ won't know where to output. Hence you have to change.
mikewild wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:27 pm could i have two files .qxw files one for each venue?
Yes you can, but don't expect that functions built in one project file will be reflected in the other project.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mikewild

could i have two files .qxw files one for each venue?

Different functions and fixtures in each venue.
What gets save within the qxw file? Fixtures. Scenes, chases. Etc
GGGss

mikewild wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:31 am could i have two files .qxw files one for each venue?

Different functions and fixtures in each venue.
What gets save within the qxw file? Fixtures. Scenes, chases. Etc
Mike,

All settings relevant to the venue will be saved inside that project file.
If you move your computer from one to the other you only will have to change the input/output tab settings.