Novation LAUNCHPAD Mk2 - Color chart

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
tavonmarkov

I scoured the forum for info regarding setting up the Novation Launchpad Mk2 (RGB model), and found a lot of interesting stuff. Here is a summary of what I found.

The Generic InputProfile for Novation Launchpad doesn't work 100% with the MK2. I created a new input profile for the device and named all the buttons for easy mapping.

Once I got that far, I wanted custom colors for the buttons. I located a couple cool resources on Novation's website (http://www.novationmusic.com), such as the full owner's manual, a programmer's guide and a few other tidbits - but nothing that gave me any relative to how to logically program the colors for the buttons. One thing to note is that EVERY button on this device is multi-color. So, you are not limited to just having full color "Launch" buttons and standard green/red round buttons. Every button has a color feedback setting.

To assign color feedback to the buttons, you start with Virtual console. In QLC+, after you "Auto Detect" your button to a Virtual Console widget, you click "Custom Feedback". You can choose a value for "Lower Value) for when the function is not running, and an "Upper Value" for when the function is actively running. Now, FYI:: the LaunchPad Mk2 receives "MIDI Velocity Continuous Controller" data thus determining a color. MIDI data is generally a bit from 0-127 (1-128). QLC+, however, gives you bits from 0-255. I am not 100% sure as to how this data is interpreted within QLC+ to output the velocity data, but, alas, I caved. I created a 64x64 bank of Virtual Console buttons, then assigned the "Upper Value" of each button from 1-64, took a photo of the Launchpad - then went back to QLC+, changed all the "Upper Values" from 65-128, photographed.. 4 times.

What resulted was a strange, illogical, assortment of colors from 2-255. I figured that a valuable resource to have for all you QLC+ designers out there who are running the new Novation Launchpad Mk2, would be a custom InputProfile for the device, and this handy dandy photoshopped Color Chart. I apologize that my LG V30 camera is not all that HOT, but you get the idea. The values for each button is referenced by a starting column number. Its not difficult to figure out.

This took me roughly 7 hours to complete. I hope this helps SOMEONE.
Attachments
Novation-LaunchpadMk2(CreatedbyTavonMarkov).qxi
(6.41 KiB) Downloaded 704 times
mcallegari

The MK2 input profile has been included in 4.12.0...
Submitted on June 15th: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12318
Online since June 30th: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... padMK2.qxi
GGGss

Having the colour chart is helpful.
Thank you for that.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

Yes, sorry.
+1 for the color chart. This should go to the community area.
I'll rename and move it.
stingalleman2

this is awesome- thank you so much!
sandinak

Fantastic! I've had to play "test the color" before .. this is great! Thanks so much
Willempie

Thank you so much for spending 7 hours an that colorchart.
Excellent work !
8-) 8-) 8-)
lukelissenberg

This is fantastic. Thank you so much for posting this!