QLC+ 4.12.4 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

Here's another maintenance release of the QLC+ 4.12 series.
As usual, it comes with a few fixes and a few goodies, also contributed by community users (thanks!)

macOS users: you will find QLC+ look & feel different (worse). Unfortunately the latest Qt versions looks very badly. I will invest some time to make 4.12.4 looks nicer.
In any case, this is a working version, nothing to be scared of.

Raspberry Pi users: version 20210627 is already available in the reserved area.

Et alia:
Almost one year passed from the previous release, and I know by a few comments in the forums that some of you are disappointed by how this project is proceeding.
From my point of view, nothing changed in purposes: I invest my spare time to share for free a software to control lights.
It's just that I'm slower than a few years ago. Much slower.
Would I want to do more? Yes. Do I have enough time to do more? No.
I think this is simple to understand, and I believe there's not much debate to do about this.

I still want so badly to release a decent version of QLC+ 5, but I worked on it so little lately, that I'm still not happy about its state.
I'll try my best in the next weeks to polish a few things and release the first beta (=still buggy/incomplete) version.

Changelog:
  • engine: RGB Matrix can now control white, amber, UV, dimmer and shutter channels too (started by Hans-Jürgen Tappe)
  • engine: add "acts on" property to channels (thanks to Michał Kluska)
  • UI/Chaser Editor: make preview consistent with VC Cue List playback
  • Virtual Console/Button: fix submaster not affecting a Chaser startup intensity
  • Plugins/E1.31: make CID unique on each network interface
  • Plugins/Peperoni: add Rodin1 MK3 to the supported devices (thanks to Tolmino Muccitelli)
  • Web Access: added Virtual Console Clock widget support
  • Web Access: added -wp/-web-port command line option to set a specific access port
  • Input profiles: added Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 (thanks to Felix)
  • Input profiles: added KORG nanoKONTROL Studio (thanks to Hans-Jürgen Tappe)
  • RGB scripts: added 'Flying objects', 'Snow or bubbles' and 'Blinder' scripts (thanks to Hans-Jürgen Tappe)
  • RGB scripts: added 'Lines' script (thanks to Branson Matheson)
  • RGB scripts: added brightness inversion to 'Starfield' script (thanks to Branson Matheson)
  • RGB scripts: added more parameters to 'Circles' script (thanks to Branson Matheson)
New fixtures:
  • New fixture: Varytec Giga Bar Pix 8 RGB (thanks to Felix)
  • New fixtures: Clay Paky Mini-B, Midi-B, Xtylos, Sharpy Plus, Hepikos, Scenius Unico, Axcor Profile 600, HY B-EYE K15, HY B-EYE K25
  • New fixture: Eurolite LED PT-100/32 Pixel DMX Tube (thanks to Torsten Caninenberg)
  • New fixture: U'King LED Spot Moving Head 100W (thanks to Jay Seaman)
  • New fixtures: Equinox Microbar Quad System, U'King 7x10W Mini Moving Head (thanks to Peter Crowther)
  • New fixture: Starway MaxSpot 500 (thanks to David Thomas)
  • New fixtures: Abstract VR8, Altman Spectra-CYC-100, American DJ 18P Hex, American DJ Inno Color Beam Z7 (thanks to Michał Kluska, Joshua Urieli, Claudia Dunkel)
  • New fixtures: Briteq BT Smartzoom, Briteq BT Theatre HD1, Coemar iSpot150, Contest HazeTEC (thanks to Michał Kluska, Joshua Urieli, Claudia Dunkel)
  • New fixtures: Contest SFX-HO150QC, Contest SFX-HO150W, Elation OPTI-TRI-30, GLP Impression X4 Bar 10 (thanks to Michał Kluska, Joshua Urieli, Claudia Dunkel)
  • New fixtures: GLP Impression FR1 TM, JB Systems Challenger BSW, Pro-Lights EVO90F, RVE Sereniled EVO2 (thanks to Michał Kluska, Joshua Urieli, Claudia Dunkel)
  • New fixtures: RVE Sereniled Plus, RVE Twinled EVO2, Robe Robin Spikie, Robe Robin Tetra 1 (thanks to Michał Kluska, Joshua Urieli, Claudia Dunkel)
  • New fixtures: Robe Robin Tetra 2, Showtec Par 64 100W COB UV, Talent SSL1, Briteq BTX-Saturn (thanks to Michał Kluska, Joshua Urieli, Claudia Dunkel)
  • New fixtures: Chauvet Maverick MK3 Profile CX, Coemar LEDko FullSpectrum 6, Elation Proteus Hybrid (thanks to Michał Kluska, Joshua Urieli, Claudia Dunkel)
  • New fixtures: Eurolite LED TMH-X10, Futurelight EYE-7.i (thanks to Michał Kluska, Joshua Urieli, Claudia Dunkel)
  • New fixture: Cameo Zenit Z120 G2 (thanks to jeremyAMMD)
  • New fixture: Chauvet GigBAR Flex (thanks to bigredthelogger)
  • New fixture: Chauvet SlimSTRIP UV-18 IRC (thanks to DJ Kozz)
  • New fixtures: Elation Fuze Par Z175, Elation TVL CYC RGBW, Chauvet Ovation F-915FC (thanks to Santiago Benejam Torres)
  • New fixture: Cameo Multi FX Bar EZ (thanks to Jan Peter Dohle)
  • New fixture: Eurolite LED TMH-17 (thanks to René Schulze)
  • New fixture: Stairville CLB4 RGB Compact LED Bar 4 (thanks to Vasileios Vasilikos)
  • New fixture: Cameo Multi FX Bar (thanks to Aurelien)
  • New fixtures: Briteq DP-COBWASH 60TC and DP-COBWASH 150TC (thanks to Fredje Gallon)
  • New fixture: EK E3 LED Spot (thanks to Luke Jackson)
  • New fixture: Venue Tetra Bar (thanks to Nathan Durnan)
  • New fixtures: Chauvet Ovation F-415FC, Ovation P56FC (thanks to Matt Fiscus)
  • New fixtures: Cameo Thunderwash 600 RGBW, Thunderwash 600 UV, JB Systems Space-4 Laser (thanks to Torsten Caninenberg)
  • New fixtures: Chauvet GigBAR Move, Nicols Galaxy Laser LD-488 (thanks to Morgan McNeely)
  • New fixture: Eurolite LED QDF-Bar RGBAW Light Set (thanks to Robin)
  • New fixtures: American DJ COB Cannon Wash ST, Philips ColorBlaze 72, Stairville DJ Lase BlueStar MK-II LED (thanks to David Grc)
  • New fixtures: Dune Lighting LED Blender 220, Dune Lighting PAR LED 64 (thanks to David Grc)
  • New fixture: beamZ Illusion II (thanks to Yestalgia)
DavidGrc

Thank you so much Massimo for this update, and for your work in general.

I can only imagine all the work that it represent, but i can really see how marvelous is QLC+ project.
The community and the software are so helpfull and generous...

I start to use QLC 4 seriously. I'll try to keep contributing modestly,as i can , by sharing fixture for example. And i'll see for a donation.

Thank you again,

Greetings from France.
questionmark

Hello Massimo,

As always, we really appreciate your effort!

I downloaded 4.12.4 on my MacBook, and it seems to be locking up before it finishes launching, and I have to force-quit the application. I tried running it from a terminal to see if I could get more debugging info, but there isn't much here.

I am running macOS Big Sur 11.4 on the MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2020 i7.

I'm good with the older version (which sounds like it looks better on Mac anyway for now...), but I figured you'd want to know.

Thanks again!

=====

mark@Marks-MBP MacOS % ./qlcplus -vvv

Q Light Controller Plus version 4.12.4
This program is licensed under the terms of the Apache 2.0 license.
Copyright (c) Heikki Junnila (hjunnila@users.sf.net)
Copyright (c) Massimo Callegari (massimocallegari@yahoo.it)
[Just freezes here forever...]
TristanYoung

Hello Massimo,

Thank you for your continued commitment to QLC+. I for one really appreciate it. I'm hoping my paycheque issue is resolved over the next 30 days, so that I can send you a donation (long story, don't ask).

It's been running well on my system.

Best regards,
Tristan Young
sandinak

As always Massimo .. thanks for all the work.. I'll keep contributing .. wanna see this project do amazing things! WRT MacOS:
I downloaded 4.12.4 on my MacBook, and it seems to be locking up before it finishes launching, and I have to force-quit the application. I tried running it from a terminal to see if I could get more debugging info, but there isn't much here.
I am testing on a few mac hardware starting from
  • MacOS 11.2.1 2020 iMac .. 3.8G and 128G memory - qlcplus and fixture editor fail
  • MacOS 11.4 2017 MBP ... 2.8Ghz and 16G memory - qlcplus and fixture editor fail
  • MacOS 10.13.6 2011 MBP ... 2.2Ghz and 16G memory - all start fine, loaded LARGE show.. was actually faster than 4.12.3
  • MacOS 10.13.6 2011 MacM .. 2.3 Ghz 16G memory - all start fine, loaded large show
  • MacOS 10.15.7 2013 iMac ... 3.2Ghz and 32G memory - starts fine .. loaded large show.. loaded faster
So seems tied to the OS more than the hardware. If you have any fixes .. or need any space to test .. please reach out .. i'll do what I can to facilitate so we can figure out what's up with the latest OSX and QLC. But it definitely seems borked.
sandinak

MacOS Big Sur QT Workaround!
After some research and testing:

Code: Select all

export QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER=1
open /Applications/QLC+.app 
This will allow you to start from the command line .. if you want it to persist or run from Spotlight/QS/Finder etc...
  1. create a file in your startup
    • Code: Select all

vi ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.qlcplus.set-env-vars.plist
    • Put this in the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
      <plist version="1.0">
      <dict>
        <key>Label</key>
        <string>setenv.MY_VARS</string>
        <key>ProgramArguments</key>
        <array>
          <string>sh</string>
          <string>-c</string>
          <string>launchctl setenv QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER 1</string>
        </array>
        <key>RunAtLoad</key>
        <true/>
        <key>KeepAlive</key>
        <true/>
      </dict>
      </plist>

• save the file
  2. Reboot your machine
  3. Test to see that the env var is there:
    • Open a shell
    • type:

printenv | grep QT 
    • should see

branson@val / % printenv | grep QT
      QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER=1

4. Can now run QLC+ from Spotlight or clicking on the Icon.
Hopefully QT can solve this long term so we don't need rando env vars.
mcallegari

Hey Branson, thanks a lot for your insight on Big Sur.
Right now I am about to build a new version for macOS and I just read your post. Then I found this
https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap/issues/662 (read the last comment...)
Everyone is having a hard time with their app on Big Sur. Worse than worst, 5.15.2 is the latest "free" Qt version before Qt 6 (which is not mature at all for QLC+) and before their stupid change of policy to make bugfix versions commercial. (basically to have 5.15.3 you need to pay)
So basically there is no "nice" solution to this issue other than the one you posted.
Thanks Qt...AGAIN. :sob:
markzvo

Thanks for all the hard work, remember everyone, if you have the means to do so... donate!
paypalqlcplus.png
mcallegari

Thank you very much @all for your generous donations! :heart:
Yestalgia

Just wanted to chime in and say that the new RGB matrix functionality has been a game changer.

Thanks to all involved. Really awesome work.
jlskuz

mcallegari wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:35 pm Hey Branson, thanks a lot for your insight on Big Sur.
Right now I am about to build a new version for macOS and I just read your post. Then I found this
https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap/issues/662 (read the last comment...)
Everyone is having a hard time with their app on Big Sur. Worse than worst, 5.15.2 is the latest "free" Qt version before Qt 6 (which is not mature at all for QLC+) and before their stupid change of policy to make bugfix versions commercial. (basically to have 5.15.3 you need to pay)
So basically there is no "nice" solution to this issue other than the one you posted.
Thanks Qt...AGAIN. :sob:
Hi everybody, thanks for the nice piece of software and all the time you spend on it!

Do you know the KDE community and the KDE Frameworks (https://develop.kde.org/)? The KDE Community has a fork of Qt that has in addition to the upstream commits a KDE maintained patch branch: https://invent.kde.org/qt
I think this could be something worth to pay attention on for QLC+…
guru

Thanks Massimo. Complimenti for your greath work. I use it in a theater tour sincronizing light, sound and video and works fine.
I just miss the video scaling to be near perfect. But is a greath and titanic work. tank you so much.
McFly

Thank you for your effort, Massimo.

I've been waiting for a new QLC 5 release for quite some time, but I feel nothing rather than thankfulness toward you and astonishment for your work.
cmuellner

I have updated my Fedora copr package to pick up this release.
The copr can be found here: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs ... r/qlcplus/

So if you want to install QLC+ on Fedora (F32, F33, F34, F35 or rawhide), all you need to do is:

dnf copr enable cmuellner/qlcplus
  dnf install qlcplus
Thank you, Massimo, for your work!
markzvo

Any hints of a 4.12.5 release this summer?