My Light Fixture Channels in Simple Desk are all Showing as Dimmer # x

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
iamglt

Hi All,

I brought some lights from Overseas (no-name brand) and created new fixtures using the Fixture definition editor, matching the channels and settings according to the lighting documentation. I have named all of the channels correctly (Pan, Pan Fine, Tilt, Tilt Fine, Pan & Tilt Speed, Dimmer, Strobe, Red, Green Blue etc. In the fixture editor all of the channels have icons that I have selected which show the corresponding channel function. There are 13 channels for these lights.

So I save my fixture to a file then import into Q Light Controller Plus, and when I look at the Simple Desk, all I can see if 13 channels for each light all named Dimmer # 1, Dimmer # 2 ... Dimmer # 13. However if I add another lighting fixture, my hemisphere 5.1 (which is already defined in as a fixture) all of the channels for that light have nice icons and display names so I can see what they do.

Can anyone advise what I am doing incorrectly where my channels have no Icons & names. Im a newbie at this so please forgive me if im missing something simple...

Cheers
sbenejam

You must not import the definition into the program. The definition must be stored in the directory fixtures in your QLC+ home directory.
4 Q: Where is the QLC+ user folder located in my system?
A: The user folder is where user fixtures, input profiles, RGB scripts and MIDI templates go.
It changes depending on your operating system:
Linux: it is a hidden folder in your user home directory: $HOME/.qlcplus
Windows: it is a folder in your user (e.g. MyUser) directory: C:\Users\MyUser\QLC+
Mac OS: it is located in your user "Library" directory: $HOME/Library/Application\ Support/QLC+
You can reach any of these folders from a terminal with the 'cd' command. For example:

cd $HOME/Library/Application\ Support/QLC+

Please keep in mind that fixures and input profiles found in the user folder will have precedence over the same files in the QLC+ system folder.
GGGss

(after copying the files in place, please do restart QLC+ so it can rescan the user directories)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
iamglt

Ok cool thanks for your replies. I worked out out. In the fixture Editor, by setting the modes (one for each channel) then the icon and the display names appear in the Simple desk.

Thanks for your help with this...