Questions regarding RGB matrix and EFX

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
postalpianoman

Hello everyone. First time poster and new guy here. I'm blown away by this program and greatly appreciate the sense of community with people willing to help each other out. I recently purchased some lights for my band and have had a great time learning how to program. My lights are all Chinese no-names so I had to create all of my fixtures which was a challenge but I got it figured out. I've got everything talking and have developed tons of scenes with a good virtual console for live busking/punting. I have programmed positions for my movers and have motion position effects with timing adjustments all working as they should be.

My question is around how to accomplish blending animations with static scenes and/or my limitations. Ultimately I'd like to be able to assign a fader to all animation/RGB matrices buttons so that I can first choose the animation effect I want and then slide the fader up so that it slowly starts to apply itself to the existing scene.

Also, is it possible to create a random or offset dimming animation that I can use on all par-cans (like a reverse strobe)? I see Dimmer mode in EFX and Dimmer as a control mode in RGB Matrix but I can't get either of those to have an effect on anything. Should I be using a combination of these functions?

Thank you so much for any advice or feedback you can provide! I appreciate it :-)
Last edited by postalpianoman on Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
postalpianoman

Since posting this I got some of the RGB Matrix options to do what I want for visual effect but i still don't know how to apply these effects to whatever scenes are currently active.

Again, any help is appreciated!
GGGss

Hey and welcome to this forum.
If you talk about intensities, they follow the HTP logic. Highest takes precedence. So when there is a scene active, EFX with higher intensity values will be outputted and shown.
When positions, gobo's, ... are in focus, they follow LTP logic (Latest Takes Precedence). So with running functions, you start an motion EFX, it will always be shown.
If you want an EFX on top of a position scene, use the relative mode. This is a life saver. You even can combine multiple EFX.
TO be in control of everything, I tend to work with submasters inside frames controlling functions. F.i. I have 6 base positions (or chasers, whatever) inside a solo frame. On a higher level frame I have a submaster controlling all running functions (limiting the output)... and so on.
It can get complex but in the end, your creativity will be your limitation ;-)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore