Audio Problem with WAVE Files

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
CoS2000

Hi,

this problem was fixed already, but its back: In the latest test versions the audio playback for wave files doesnt work.

best regards
edogawa

At least for Linux I can't confirm this.

I'm (ab)using current QLC+-Qt5-GIT in the underequipped second hall of our theater to play back mp3 and wav files along with .mp4 video and MIDI messages to control our hardware light board...
CoS2000

ok in my case it was windows 10 and i mean the test versions vor 4.12.5
edogawa

Right, I tested under windows and confirm now - WAV playback outputs just static hiss with some crackling here, too - Win 10 21H2
(my test file was 16bit LE 44.1kHz stereo as ripped from CD and is playing well in vlc). With MP3 it works here.

Also, when opening an audio file via function editor, the filechooser shows only .mp3 extension for filter "Audio Files". So mad plugin is working, but something about sndfile plugin broke in current test build for windows.
mcallegari

This is weird. I just downloaded .178 and tried on Windows 10.
I can see the .wav extension in the file selector and audio playback is fine.
Can you please try again?
edogawa

I managed to compile a windows 32bit msys2 build from git following the GH wiki, and installed it to c:\qlcplus.
This build is able to play wav.
The one from test area in c:\QLC+ isnt, even when I replace it's sndfile plugin dll with my selfbuilt version.
edogawa

Oh you say .178 - that's weird as I downloaded today and got .156 ?

Seems I just missed your upload from today :/
edogawa

I installed .178 and it still doesn't work when run from the start menu etc.
But from msys shell, cd to /c/QLC+ then ./qlcplus.exe, fixes it.
mcallegari

There was something...a dll changed name!
Please try version .179
edogawa

Yes all good here with .179 8-)
CoS2000

If i remind right the wav playback problem was already on 4.12.4 - So i have to use .179 testversion for my next event next week :-(

I use wav files, cause a few people said mp3 bringt sync problems in show mode. Is that correct? Never tested with mp3s. I convert all mp3 files to wav...

Hope .179 is stable: last time i was forced to use a test version it crashs 100 times a day. But as i informed about the problems here, all say "dont use testversion". But sometimes you have no other choise...

Please dont understand this as critic. I just want to help bugfixing, because i love qlc+!
edogawa

I currently use the linux version from current git in production currently, in both halls of our theater and see no apparent instabilities compared to 4.12.4.

A few crashes happened while we were programming light cues, which are hard to explain or reproduce because of the rehearsal situation and time pressure under those circumstances. I don't believe to have to do with the changes since 4.12.4.

So I won't elaborate on these here in this thread, but "save often" surely is good advice.

Once the programming is done it seems to behave very stable, in my experience.
CoS2000

edogawa wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:38 am I currently use the linux version from current git in production currently, in both halls of our theater and see no apparent instabilities compared to 4.12.4.

A few crashes happened while we were programming light cues, which are hard to explain or reproduce because of the rehearsal situation and time pressure under those circumstances. I don't believe to have to do with the changes since 4.12.4.

So I won't elaborate on these here in this thread, but "save often" surely is good advice.

Once the programming is done it seems to behave very stable, in my experience.
This is the known behaviour. Many chrashes while programming and stable in live mode. Thanks for your comments. Will testing...

Best regards