Akai APC 40 MKii - Faders 2-8 Not Working

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
CaptainCrankypants

So I am running QLC+ version 4.12.3 and I am using an Entec DMX USB Pro MK2 for DMX output, and an Akai APC 40 MKii as my external midi controller. Everything is connected to a HP laptop running Windows 10. The program is fairly easy to understand. I have my DMX output device and my AKAI mapped properly in the inputs/outputs section of the program.

Every other button, knob, or fader of the Akai is responsive in QLC+, except for faders 2-8. I can get fader 1 and the Master fader working fine, but faders 2-8 just will not map properly. I need some help figuring out why. I downloaded and used Midi-OX to verify that the faders are indeed sending an input signal that matches the profile built for this controller in QLC+, but I am still not able to figure out why these faders will not respond with the virtual controller.

I am hoping someone here in the forum who is more versed than I in MIDI can help me figure out this issue. Thanks. - Stephen
GGGss

Your device has to have the correct emulation mode - see and study: https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/midiplugin.html
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Horst0815

Hi - it's been a while - but since I was facing the same problem, I thought losing some more words here would be beneficial:
In the Inputs/Outputs Frame go to "Mapping", then open the configuration dialog for the MIDI input Plugin.
You will see something similar as the attached screenshot shows. In this dialog go to "Inputs", select the APC40 mkII and hit the lower one of the small selection arrows, then the MIDI Channel config will change from "1" to "1-16" - then it should work. The problem is, that the faders 2-8 are on another MIDI channel, and this needs to be adapted manually.
Attachments
qlcplus_midi_settings_apc_40_mk2.png
randomgrace

Horst0815 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:30 pm Hi - it's been a while - but since I was facing the same problem, I thought losing some more words here would be beneficial:
In the Inputs/Outputs Frame go to "Mapping", then open the configuration dialog for the MIDI input Plugin.
You will see something similar as the attached screenshot shows. In this dialog go to "Inputs", select the APC40 mkII and hit the lower one of the small selection arrows, then the MIDI Channel config will change from "1" to "1-16" - then it should work. The problem is, that the faders 2-8 are on another MIDI channel, and this needs to be adapted manually.
Hey, wanted to thank you! Had the same issue with my controller (I use Arturia MiniLab), firstly I though that the problem was in drivers, so I did everything to restore configs etc... But it didn't help. Even tried to use other midi configurators, but nothing happened. Your post saved me, thanks a lot!
Last edited by randomgrace on Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renzocano

Hola, también quiero agradecer la respuesta. Ala pregunta del amigo.
Tuve el mismo problema y encontré la solución gracias al colaborador
Muchas gracias
GGGss

Renzocano wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:18 pm Hola, también quiero agradecer la respuesta. Ala pregunta del amigo.
Tuve el mismo problema y encontré la solución gracias al colaborador
Muchas gracias
Please, on this forum we speak English.
translation:
Hello, I also want to thank you for the answer. Wing question of the friend.
I had the same problem and found the solution thanks to the contributor
Thank you very much
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Renzocano

Ok thanks