Freeze/Lag when opening Shows tab

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
romandesign

It was fine before, but after a certain point (finishing programming all functions and Virtual Mixer) when clicking on Shows, QLC freezes / severely lags. It takes 20 seconds for the shows tab to show on a high-end PC. Then any click takes about 20 seconds to work. But if I'm patient and click on another tab (i.e. Virtual Console) and wait 20 seconds until it activates, it works fine from that point, until I want to click on Shows again...

Those shows worked fine before, and I haven't changed them. The only difference besides adding functions is I added a bunch of WAV files into the "Songs" folder when I keep autio files for those shows' audio track. But I haven't even linked any files. Can those be an issue, or anything else?

What can I do? I have a gig coming up soon, and I can't program songs now...
romandesign

I narrowed it to one Show that if I erase - it works fine, no freezes. This Show has worked before, so not sure how to trace the issue and what specifically makes QLC+ freeze... All advice welcome. The show is complicated and I don't want to just redo it from scratch...
kenact

romandesign wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:34 am I narrowed it to one Show that if I erase - it works fine, no freezes. This Show has worked before, so not sure how to trace the issue and what specifically makes QLC+ freeze... All advice welcome. The show is complicated and I don't want to just redo it from scratch...
Can you post the show having the problem?
romandesign

I could, but I debugged the problem: the show that was freezing was the first one to display after clicking on "Shows" tab. All shows that had a Chaser on a track that has hold set to "infinite" would freeze QLC+. In the XML those holds were shown with a hold of 4294967294. I replaced them all with "6000000" number (just large enough for my purposes to pass as infinite time) and that stopped the freezing entirely. This is definitely a bug, as that should not happen.

Now I wish there would be a way to place a Collection on a track in a Show so it just triggers and then holds until another Collection is shown. I know you can't put a Collection on a Show track. So I put that Collection in Chaser, and set Hold to "infinite". And I put those Chasers into Show tracks. That caused the freezing. I solved the freezing, but it's still very inconvenient becaus each time a specific song verse Collection is triggered, I have to create a copy of its Chaser and adjust hold time to precise time of the verse. I wish I could jus ttriggered it at certain times, without multiple copies and time adjustments needed. Any ideas?
sbenejam

Which operating system are you using?. Can you post more info about your setup?.
romandesign

I'm using Windows. I'm posting some screenshots with my setup. Let me know if you want to see anything specific.
Attachments
2022-03-29_11-56-56.png
2022-03-29_12-01-17.png
2022-03-29_12-03-07.png
romandesign

And here are my fixtures:
Attachments
2022-03-29_13-24-00.png
GGGss

romandesign wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:47 pm Now I wish there would be a way to place a Collection on a track in a Show so it just triggers and then holds until another Collection is shown. I know you can't put a Collection on a Show track. So I put that Collection in Chaser, and set Hold to "infinite". And I put those Chasers into Show tracks. That caused the freezing. I solved the freezing, but it's still very inconvenient becaus each time a specific song verse Collection is triggered, I have to create a copy of its Chaser and adjust hold time to precise time of the verse. I wish I could jus ttriggered it at certain times, without multiple copies and time adjustments needed. Any ideas?
[admin head on] Don't spoil the forum with multiple threads asking for the same thing. [head off]
-> see the other thread
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
romandesign

Thanks. I posted it here because I was asked about my setup, and the bug this post was about is deirectly related to this issue, as I encountered it while trying to do the exact thing I'm asking in the other thread. The other thread is about the question how to program shows in the way I need, and this was abouth the bug that freezes QLC+. I posted the same screenshots and issue here because I was asked about the setup and I think this can be encountered by other people who do the similar thing I tried and get the same crippling bug in the process. Bu if you think it's not relevant, you can erase it of course.