LoopMidi Entry is gone in Input/Output

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
Webworker

Hi there,

Yesterday I was still working at home with Studio One (control QLC via Midi) and QLC. The programs communicate via the LoopMidi driver.

Today I logged into my computer via Remote Desktop (Win10pro) and start a midi track in Studio One but QLC didn't respond. When I looked under Input/Output, the previous entry "loopMidi" was missing.

I can't explain why the LoopMidi entry is gone. I haven't changed anything else in the configuration.
Is this possibly due to the remote connection?

greeting
webworker
GGGss

Webworker wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:47 pm
Today I logged into my computer via Remote Desktop (Win10pro) and start a midi track in Studio One but QLC didn't respond. When I looked under Input/Output, the previous entry "loopMidi" was missing.

I can't explain why the LoopMidi entry is gone. I haven't changed anything else in the configuration.
Is this possibly due to the remote connection?
Yes, it might well be that during the initialisation of the remote session, Windows touch the config of remote and local devices. There are quite some options you can set using the properties of the connection.
I'd start there. If you have a second computer, I'd try to locally make an RDC connection and verify if the midi device is still in the configuration.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Webworker

Hi, I just completely reinstalled LoopMidi for the second time. Now it can be found again under Inputs/Outputs.
Everything works locally again, but not remotely.
I set up the remote session to run all audio on the remote machine. There are no more audio settings.

Unfortunately, QLC still does not respond. As usual, the input is "LoopMidi Port" and the output is the DMX interface (which I don't need via remote, however, because I look at the output in the DMX monitor)

It seems that it is not possible to work via remote and LoopMidi. If I create a button in QLC and set "Detect automatically" under "External input" and I press a note on the keyboard in the DAW, then nothing is received in QLC. If I sit directly in front of the computer, everything works.

greeting
webworker
GGGss

oke,
Then I would choose another remote desktop solution. VNC and Anydesk come to my mind.
Maybe this quick search helps you? https://forums.steinberg.net/t/remote-d ... ons/669576
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Webworker

GGGss wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:38 am oke,
Then I would choose another remote desktop solution. VNC and Anydesk come to my mind.
Maybe this quick search helps you? https://forums.steinberg.net/t/remote-d ... ons/669576
thanx, i will give it a trie :-)