Effx fault?

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
Dave71

Hi. New user here and I'm looking for some clarification on what may be an issue with an effect with a certain fixture.

I have a single Equinox Fusion 50 Mkii moving wash light in 14 channel mode and am experiencing a movement issue. Looking at simple desk when the effect is in operation, the fine pan and fine tilt sliders are going a bit haywire. If i run the same effect with the fixture set in 9ch mode, it's fine. Ideally i need the fixture in 14ch mode to access some of the automated features, col change, auto mode etc.

I have written the fixture profile and as a new user, would appreciate if somebody could run the show and have a look to see if they get the same issue to rule out user/system error. Show and fixture attached - if I've done that right

Am running V 14.12.4a on a mid 2011 Mac Mini. Output is Enttec Open Dmx.

Thanks

Dave
Attachments
Equinox--Fusion-50-Mkii.qxf
(3.27 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Equinox Fusion 50 demo.qxw
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
maquelle

Hello,

I just looked and didn't see anything abnormal.
The fine pan/tilt sliders move very quickly, but that's how it should be.
The "fine" channels allow more precision by offering 256x256=65536 possible positions instead of 256.
So, for the "coarse" channel to move 1 step, the "fine" channel must first run through its 256 values
Dave71

Thanks for trying that for me, and the reply. When it translates to the physical head, the movement is terrible and very jittery. As a work around I've edited the head and assigned the fine channels 'no function' - head moves a lot smoother.