4.12.3: sequence step preview not showing up

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
DeeJayMefju

Hi,
Yesterday updated from 4.12.2 to 4.12.3 on Windows 10, while working on a quite big sequence (72 steps). I was using 2D view and EasyView via ArtNet to make sure every steps looks like I wanted. After the update, the steps of my sequence wouldn't show on any, 2D nor EV. When I noticed the issue and checked everything (blind mode, simple desk etc), reinstalled back to 1.12.2 and the problem was gone.

As far as I know, I'm not the only one that experienced this issue, because I asked on Polish Facebook group and another guy confirmed that he has it too.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a "feature" but just felt that I should let you know ;)
mcallegari

Hi, just to double check, can you please try a sequence from an empty project?
Or can you share a project that I can test to reproduce the issue?

As far as I can recall, 4.12.3 doesn't change anything to Sequences compared to 4.12.2. The only change is on Submaster and VC Cue list (see changelog) which was not affecting Sequences. maybe you are in that case and Submaster is @0 ?
DeeJayMefju

Thanks for your reply, sure I'll check on an empty project later today. I'll also provide my project here. I think about why did it happen and maybe I did something wrong with installing it? For example, is it okay that I installed the new version into the folder of the older one? Didn't uninstall the previous one, just hoped that it would overwrite the existing one
kenact

It is ALWAYS recommended that you uninstall the previous version.
Steve00

I can confirm this issue, as it happened to me in the same exact way after installing the update.

I had the old version, then I formatted my PC for routine maintenance and reinstalled the new one directly on the freshly formatted machine, so it couldn't be an installation problem on my part.

I've also verified that the issue is present both on old and new projects and it happens 100% of the time so it should be easily reproducible.
TheSunButt

This issue appeared somewhere between 4.12.3.27 and 4.12.3.133.

It's about QLC in design mode. Changes of sequence will appear in monitor and output only if you touch faders in step editor (and only for channels on touched faders). And will not appear if you select steps in step window in the right.
TheSunButt

Present in 4.12.4.
mcallegari

Guys, sorry if this issue is still there, but in September 2020 I asked a bit of help to reproduce the issue and it didn't come.
So I did this (on an empty project):
- create a small RGB panel
- create a simple RGB matrix
- export the matrix to a Sequence
- edit the Sequence
- hit preview and check values on monitor

This is -OK-

Again: can you please help me to reproduce if you want this issue fixed? Please share a simple project where I can work on a fix.
TheSunButt

Hello, mcallegari.

Steps to reproduce this issue with RGB matrix as you did:
- on empty project
- create RGB panel
- create any RGB matrix
- export matrix to Sequence
- edit the sequence. When you switch between steps in sequence result won't show up on monitor and output.

on versions prior to 4.12.3 (4.12.2 and older), when you you switch between steps on sequence editing, result showed up on monitor and output.

I created video with steps I made to reproduce the issue. and attached project I create in the process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwl528wu3JU --- QLC v4.12.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL6jScVGivI --- same project in QLC v4.12.2
Attachments
sequence0.qxw
(3.52 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
mcallegari

I found and fixed this issue.
Please check the latest test version and let me know if it works as expected.
TheSunButt

Checked in 4.12.5-20210807 and it seems to work fine. Thank you.
KyleSunderland

Looks like the test build works as it used to.

Just wanted to say thank you so much for fixing this error!
I've been using 4.12.2 for the last while because of it ;)
Glad you got around to resolving it, and I appreciate
all the constant work you do to maintain this project.
Mitchelll010

Got something similair, when you create multiple steps in a sequence in V4.12.2 you can see every step on the DMX output when you just click on a step (live output situation) But when i use a newer version the sliders do move but the output does not change. So you can't see the real life effect.
Very annoying, for now still running on 4.12.2

Nevermind, already fixed in the beta version.
WIll use that one, Thnx!
Last edited by Mitchelll010 on Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.