Using Godot to Control QLC+

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
giraffupus

Hi all,

I made a simple thing for my purposes and thought it might be useful to others. I run a planetarium with ~100 LED fixtures and I'm working on my own GUI to control them.

Anyway, attached is a gdScript that creates a websocketclient and connects it to a local instance of QLC+ so you can send QLC+ commands from Godot to QLC+. You of course have to activate the web server command line option in QLC+ (as outlined in the QLC+ documentation) for it to work.

There is an example command in the script as a demonstration. I've only tested channel specific commands because that's all I need it to do, I'm going to create fixtures within Godot so I don't have to worry about QLC+ fixtures or functions, but I can't imagine a reason why any other QLC+ commands wouldn't work as well.

The point is you can use this to hook any of the robust Godot GUI features (buttons, item lists, color pickers, sliders, etc.) to QLC+ commands. Go nuts.
Attachments
QLCWebSocket.txt
Simple Gdscript for creating a QLC+ websocket with example command
(709 Bytes) Downloaded 126 times
mcallegari

Hi, thanks for sharing this.
I actually evaluated Godot as 3D engine for QLC+ but it seems the Qt integration is not there.
Perhaps it can serve as real time renderer as an external program, like what people did with Blender
giraffupus

You know, I hadn't even considered the 3D aspect. I just wanted to have a highly customizable GUI to allow for programmatic fixture control.