Chase - Audio Cue list crashing whole QLC+ App

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
bosko1333

I am having problems with audio cue list crashing whole QLC program.

So I have created chase with some mp3 files in it. Hold time is on infinite. If I click two or more times rapidly on the button "next cue", it freezes and starts to malfunction. This is not happening with a fixture cue list (different scenes) and I can run over all cues how fast I want.

Also fade out and fade in does not work with audio files in cue list. It immediately stops playing after clicking next cue.

Or maybe I am using wrong tool to make the audio part work?

Thank you for considering my request and I hoppe this information will be usefull.
janosvitok

Can you tell us QLC+ version, OS type and version?
bosko1333

Qlc+ version: 4.12.4 OS: Windows 10, build 19043

Also I forgot to mention that audio keeps running from the last cue. UI is still showing and responding, but buttons for pause or stop does not work anymore.
kenact

This is actually a known issue, and has been documented several times. The work around is to NOT click fast through a sound cue in a chase.

The problem can also be seen by creating a chase step, with a 0ms Fade In and 0ms Hold. Having a Fade In of a second or two, avoids the problem of having a 0ms Hold value. Fade Out value doesn't have an affect. The only way I've found to get out of the problem is to close QLC+ and reopen it.

I just confirmed that it is still an issue in 4.12.4 in Windows 10

FYI, setting a Fade In value for a sound cue in a Chase, will avoid the issue of a lock up, but it doesn't actually Fade In the cue. To get a Fade In or Fade Out on an audio cue, you have to set those values in the Audio Cue itself, but keep in mind, the Fade Out value is only applied to the end of the Audio Cue. If you place the cue in a Chase, and skip to the next cue, before the end of the Audio Cue, there will be no Fade Out, even if you've set a Fade Out value in both the Audio Cue and the Chase Step.

One more FYI, closing QLC+ will not stop the playing of that audio file. It will still play to the end.
GGGss

Wasn't the solution to encapsulate the audio file inside a (black) video container format?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kenact

GGGss wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:34 am Wasn't the solution to encapsulate the audio file inside a (black) video container format?
That would be another work-around, and there are issues associated with playing too many video files as well. At least on Windows. Using the recommended Codec pack, eventually videos stop playing.

That problem might be that the Codecs aren't being closed properly. If you look at the picture I attached, you'll see 4 Lav icons. Those are associated with the 4 videos I've played. As I play more videos, those icons keep increasing.
Lav.jpg
Lav.jpg (7.64 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
GGGss

And do you have 4 threads showing inside the taskmgr?
That means a thread is set up for the video to be played, but it never gets released? -> This would be interesting info for @Massimo.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kenact

GGGss wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:43 am And do you have 4 threads showing inside the taskmgr?
That means a thread is set up for the video to be played, but it never gets released? -> This would be interesting info for @Massimo.
I have A LOT of threads in my Task Manager, but none seem to be related to the LAV icons.

In Task Manager, QLC+ starts out at 272mb.
After the first video, it jumps to 293mb, but drops down to 288mb, a few minutes after the video plays.
After the 2nd video, it jumps to 306mb, but drops to 298mb, a few minutes after the video plays.
After the 3rd video, it jumps to 373mb, then drops to 365mb, a few minutes after the video plays.
After the 4th video, it jumps to 393mb, then drops to 378mb, a few minutes after the video plays.

Right clicking on each of the LAV icons:
QLC+ Video.jpg