Tobias loopMIDI showing up on one PC, but not the other

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
MFkitten

I have been setting up my fixtures and virtual console etc on my main PC, and the plan is to transfer it all to my tiny live PC for the show. But when I set wverything up identically on the live PC, which is also windows 10 pro like the main PC, the DAW sees loopMIDI just fine, but QLC+ doesn't. All the settings are the same between the two machines and everything.

Not sure what to even try?!
DavidGrc

Have you transfer and select the profile output/input dedicated to the loopmidi ?
MFkitten

DavidGrc wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:23 pm Have you transfer and select the profile output/input dedicated to the loopmidi ?
I never had to do anything on the first PC. It just saw that there was a MIDI port, I clicked "input" on it, and that was the entire setup. Just worked from there.

On the second PC, trying to repeat this process, it won't even report the midi port as existing in QLC+. input/output panel just shows the default options.
GGGss

Then Loopmidi isn't installed correctly? No system entries for midi devices?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MFkitten

GGGss wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:18 pm Then Loopmidi isn't installed correctly? No system entries for midi devices?
The thing is, the DAW can send and receive from loopMIDI just fine.

The same is true of all the other virtual MIDI drivers I tried, like loopbe1. The DAW sees it just fine. Only QLC+ can't see it.
DavidGrc

http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html Did you installed it from here for the second PC ? Then, you have to create on it a loopmidi with the same name.
MFkitten

DavidGrc wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:44 pm http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html Did you installed it from here for the second PC ? Then, you have to create on it a loopmidi with the same name.
Yep. I've set it up in the same way on both syatems. Literally the only difference is that on one system QLC+ doesn't "see" it, or any other virtual midi drivers.
GGGss

Then I'd suggest uninstalling QLC+ and installing it again with the 'run under administrator' account.
It might be that when QLC+ starts, it won't read or initialise the for midi needed .dll's?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MFkitten

I have been running all 3 softwares as administrator. The virtualmidi driver is installed too.

I have reinstalled both loopmidi and qlc+ after an uninstall. Still running as admin, still nothing.