DUMP running functions to a COLLECTION

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Brunoliv

I usually create a lot of scenes, chaser, efx and etc. to have more control on my shows, but after this I have to manually and painstakingly search and select all this into a collection.

Would be great if after I design a Virtual Console and have some functions running, as QLC can identify what functions are running... how about make a button to dump the running functions directly into a collection?
So we can do complete shows and edit then later =D

---- EDIT ----
I just realize that this Feature is already present in the QLC+ it's located in the FUNCTION tab, just hit the PLUS icon and select RUNING FUNCTIONS.

Sorry for this! :(
----------------
Last edited by Brunoliv on Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
GGGss

Brunoliv wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:15 am and edit then later
A little notice here... if you change something to a scene, chaser, whatever, ... which also reside inside collections, may cause unwanted effects afterwards?
Before changing functions, there should also be a 'search for reference' function, so you can verify where the programmed scenes are used in...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Brunoliv

GGGss wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:16 am A little notice here... if you change something to a scene, chaser, whatever, ... which also reside inside collections, may cause unwanted effects afterwards?
I dont Think so... an example of mine. I need to have 10 scenes with "global moving" positions (1 scene of all moving heads pointing to the bar, another scene with all movings poiting to the vip area... and so on...) But I need this positions in a collection so i can click on one button and have de positions, colors, dimmers, shutters... all with a specific parameter, If for any reason I have to adjust a Position, I just nedd to do it ONCE and all my collections with the same position but with different parameters will be updated with the new position but maintain all other parameters.

The beauty of a "Collection" is this, If just have to set up the dimmer value, once, or the RGB, or the shutter and can modify on the fly with another parameter with the VC without losing all the other adjustments in that colection... BUT... build a collection is painful. I rather build a VC with all the scenes, RGBs, EFX, Chasers and than selecting the ones I like and Click a button do DUMP all the "Running functions" into a collection to build then fast and easy
GGGss

Then you are thinking in terms of presets, palettes and other stuff you can reuse within your show. If you change a preset, it propagandizes throughout other functions. This concept is ready to be deployed in v5. Albeit not the totality of chosen functions and dump that into a 'look' if you like. On a big desk (GMa3), it's called 'integrate'.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore