Submaster not controlling button activated through collection

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
siegmund

Hi guys!

It's been a long time that I've been active out here - I'm trying to put again a bit more time into this again..

I discovered a bug (or a feature (; ) in the VC:

Assume we have a scene assigned to a collection. The scene is associated to a button in a frame with this button and a submaster slider. When activating the scene via the button, the submaster works as expected (intensity is adjustable). When activating the scene through the collection (so the scene button gets a yellow frame), the submaster has no influence.
You find attached a minimal workspace to reproduce the issue.

I'm afraid this behavior is intended (or too complex to fix implementation-wise) but it would really be handy for my workspace. Any suggestions for a workaround?

Best regards,
Lukas
Attachments
submaster-collection.qxw
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
mcallegari

Hi Lukas, I've had a quick look at the code and it looks like it is supposed to be working.
I'm gonna check your sample workspace and see where the issue lies

[EDIT] tried the project. I didn't get what you mean. What you ask is not possible. The Scene button in the frame is not affected by the submaster when you start the collection.
If you, instead, move the collection inside the frame and move the scene button outside, the collection is correctly affected by the submaster.
keukenrol

Hi Lucas, I encountered exactly the same today.
- Having two fixture groups, both having a color selection solo frame with each a submaster.
- A collection which has the colors of both fixture groups
- When activating the collection both fixture group color scenes are correctly triggered / activated but submasters have no effect.
I suppose this is because the button is only a visualisation of the scene / effect being active. It is not the scene / effect itself. It would have been a very useful feature indeed but I will look for a different approach as suggested above. As both fixture groups have different intensities and a general submaster does not fix this. This is also color dependant. I cant use the dimmer channel as I use this for the effects, my intensity is set on RGB values.