QLC+ PI - USB MIDI - USB DMX

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Starfish190e

Hi peeps! I have been using a MacBook Pro and a generic USB MIDI interface alongside an ENTTEC Open USB DMX interface to control a portable light show (MIDI output from a Cymatic LP16 - MIDI into Macbook - QLC converts midi to DMX - ENTTEC controls the lights) but the MacBook is looking worse for wear and QLC+ PI is starting to look like a viable replacement with a raspberry pi 3 (for quicker boot times) but before I replace my setup with a pi I need to get some info on getting the software/hardware to work flawlessly as on most gigs I only have 15 minutes to set up both the light rig, guitar rig and some of the drummers setup.

Does anyone know any of the following?

- Does QLC+ PI work with generic USB MIDI interfaces? Think in terms of https://www.amazon.co.uk/Haudang-Conver ... 83&sr=8-25 (Yeah I know there is better but this exact one has worked for over 3 years in this rig with no problems what so ever)

- Does QLC+ PI work with the ENTTEC open DMX USB interface? I've heard there have been crashing issues using debian builds but can't find much info on this.

- If neither of these devices work does anyone know of a MIDI/DMX hat for the pi or any info on using both MIDI and DMX on the GPIO port?

- Are my saves from my MacBook going to be compatible? I intend to auto start the scene I've built so that it functions exactly the same as it does now.

As you can tell I mean for this set up to operate by itself within 30 seconds of flipping the power switch on my rack and I hope to even gain set up time back from not using a MacBook. Any help would be gretly appreciated.

Cheers guys!
mcallegari

Hi, first and foremost, I'll never stop to say that a Raspberry Pi cannot replace a PC/Mac.
RPi 4 is very good, but still limited in power. Older models are even more limited.

In general, QLC+ on the RPi is exactly the same running on desktop. It even has two more plugins (UART and GPIO)
So all the USB devices are supported on the Pi as well.

As for your existing projects, they should work and you probably will have to adjust a few bits manually, like input/output or external file paths.