In a light mixers page setup: One fader on one page affects all pages

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
edogawa

I change between a local checkout of git that i regularly update and install "on top" of one of Massimo's openSUSE rpm packages, and those packages themselves, mostly I'm using qlcplus-qt5-git but sometimes change back to latest stable rpm(qlcplus-qt5).

For my RPi Raspbian Stretch I made an armv7 deb in my OBS home:/edogawa branches of Massimo's packages.

All of these alternatives don't seem to make a difference in this regard.

You could try the Appimage I have made also in OBS, I just retriggered the build to update to current git, once it's done it should be available as qlcplus-latest-x86_64.AppImage in https://download.opensuse.org/repositor ... /AppImage/

You'll need to run it in an environment with existing qlc 4.12 installation, because the Appimage doesn't find some of its resources (i remember fixtures at least) due to hardcoded paths, I haven't looked yet if or how this could be worked around or fixed easily.
damm301

I'm building it natively on the RPI3 using the released version source tarballs from this site (4.11.x, 4.12.0)
mcallegari

I finally had the chance to test this.
Created a slider matrix in a frame. Assigned BCF2000 faders + feedbacks to the 8 sliders.
Cloned first page to a second page.
All works as expected. Slider levels are independent when changing page.
Close/reopen QLC+. Still works as expected.
I'm on Linux, but I doubt this behaviour is different across platforms.
mitscherdinger

mcallegari wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:25 pmAssigned BCF2000 faders + feedbacks to the 8 sliders.
This reads as you are activating feedback on a per-slider basis. Do you use the "Catch up with the external controller input value"?
mcallegari

mitscherdinger wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:01 am
mcallegari wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:25 pmAssigned BCF2000 faders + feedbacks to the 8 sliders.
This reads as you are activating feedback on a per-slider basis. Do you use the "Catch up with the external controller input value"?
No, with that, I meant I activated feedbacks to the BCF in the IO manager. Nothing more.
And no, I didn't use catch up feature. Should I ? Cause it's not mentioned anywhere in this issue report and with the BCF it's not really needed.
mitscherdinger

mcallegari wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:51 amShould I ?
No. Neither did I.
Just wanted to be sure…
clava

Have the same problem with my Akai Midimix.

I've found a small workaround though; create a frame on every page and put all the sliders and buttons on the page in that frame, then use autodetect to assign them to the midi-controller again. They will all be called just "button1" on every page without the "(page #)" added to it.

No clue as to why, but for me it works.
mitscherdinger

It's been some time, now, since starting this thread. It seems hard to fix…
For everyone not suffering from the described issue, I made a video which hopefully says more then a thousand words…
Video 1 describes the setup routine I used:
https://www.riotmusic.de/klau/index.php ... DJ6G6Wfaw7
Cut!
The second video shows the last steps of the setup routine and the result of it:
https://www.riotmusic.de/klau/index.php ... 2y7rt2EZ4K
Hopefully, the problem's clear, now…
mgerard173

Anyone willing to continue investigating this? I didn't discover the problem until after I built a huge layout for the theater I work at.

I have a 14 page frame and if I do not deliberately select a page after engaging operate mode it will affect all 14 pages. Reproduces 100% with my APC40.
mgerard173

Title: MIDI CC for Faders in a multi-page Frame cascade to all pages until a Page for the Frame is manually selected.

Description:
On entering or resuming Operate Mode, QLC+ appears to “forget” that a Multi-Page MIDI mapping is in effect until a Page is deliberately selected, even if the Virtual Console and the device LED feedback indicate that a Page is selected. The appended (Page #) after the Input Channel entry is ignored, and fixtures associated with all Pages will respond to the Global/Page 1 message. In my case, this spams all 14 Pages of Fixtures with one turn of a knob.

Configuration:
QLCPlus Version 4.12.4a (Reported in Forums as far back as 2018)
Operating System: MacOS 10.15.7, Windows 10
MIDI Hardware: AKAI APC40 Model 1 or Native Instruments Maschine MKII

Reproducible: 100%
Severity: Nasty. Potential for every fixture in the Theater to suddenly flash to maximum intensity and cause a power interruption.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Universe 1 : Fixtures: 6 RGB’s (or whatever)
2) Universe 2 : Maschine MKII, APC40(with Profile) I/O enabled for Virtual Input + Virtual Feedback
3) Add a Multi-Page enabled Frame with 3 Pages to Virtual Console
4) Add 2 sliders with (catch up) and (monitor) enabled to each Page for a total of 6.
5) Map each Slider to a fixture.
6) Map the sliders in each page to 2 knobs on the MIDI controller, ie. CC 14 and CC 15 for each Page.
8) 7) Verify Page 2 and 3 MIDI assignments are properly flagged as CC# (Page #)
9) Activate DMX or 2D Fixture Monitor
10) Enter Operate Mode
11) Exit Operate Mode
12) Enter Operate Mode
13) Move the knobs for the current Page.
14) Observe that vDMX channels for all 6 fixtures respond.
15) Take this opportunity to turn everything down to zero with just 2 knobs.
16) Manually change the Page number with Forward/Back arrows or the Pop-Up-Menu.
17) Move the knobs for the current Page.
18) Observe that only 2 fixtures respond, as is expected behavior.

Workaround: Manually select a Page upon entering Operate Mode, before touching any knobs.

Related:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12818
viewtopic.php?p=62859#p62859

In a light mixers page setup: One fader on one page affects all pages
External input inside frames
Attachments
bug repro.qxw
(890.11 KiB) Downloaded 93 times