to Jan: video areas?

giacomo

Hi Jan,
to be optimistic and speak about what can be improved here a proposition:
I thought - and hoped - that you could also be interested on the multimedia part of qlc+ because it would be super useful to have a similar concept to your efx-areas for video projections, or even better the possibility to program a projection like a moving head, zoom/position/intensity etc etc.
When there is the occasion I'm already using a beamer to lighting the scene, here an example of a video backlight.
beamer.jpg
(of course for the moment I cannot use qlc+ for the projections)
I just use some graphics, mostly made with Inkscape, that I move/zoom/cue like a moving head.
In the past I had the impression that it wouldn't be difficult to implement it in qlc+5 but then the development has almost stopped and I saddly put it aside.
What do you think?
If you need some litterature or suggestions I can help, I'm an expert now ;)

-not a polemic but just some thoughts-
Here again an example where the controlls are X/Y and I'm starting to get your point Jan.
[edit: also the video in reality is 3d but I draw it in 2d...]
As a user do I need to think in a 3D space too?
Personally I hope not, I can explain it better but basically is that I never had any good idea from a rendering software, the reality is always more rich and complex than a screen and we need to learn this distance (i'm using Blender since 8 years).
Now a question: the complication of the 3D preview is it worth it or is it stopping v5?
Because the comments in the last thread, Qt3D development, are not very encouraging toward an ever end of qlc+5.
For sure the design/play paradigma of qlc+4 has reached its end of life since a while, v5 is offering many new interesting possibilities.
regards