IS QLC+5 OFFICIALLY DEAD? NO SIGN OF LIFE

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
FLC

Hello All

I'm not attempting to start a rumor or anything but certainly have been wondering what is happening with QLC+5. I have been patiently waiting for some news on any recent work or indication that this new release will at some point see the light of day. Any news on what it's future will be?

PATIENTLY WAITING!!!!!
mcallegari

No, it's not dead.
If you wrote this, then you clearly don't understand how a project like this, led by one single person, works.
And don't write in caps. It's useless and rude.
FLC

All
The intent was not to offend anyone but to get an idea of when we might be able to expect the next phase of the project of if the project has been put on temporary hold. I have used the 5.0.0 alpha versions, found it to be very exciting compared to version 4.x.x and have been waiting for news on when a full/completed version 5.x might become available. I frequently check the excel public spreadsheet for progress but it seems not much has been added beyond the 5.0.0 Alpha2 and a few 5.0.0 Alpha3 entry.

So again...apologize if I offended anyone...that was not the intent.
Mibmusic

mcallegari wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:53 am No, it's not dead.
If you wrote this, then you clearly don't understand how a project like this, led by one single person, works.
And don't write in caps. It's useless and rude.
I agree on the capitals. But perhaps you should just ignore that and share an update of where you are at? And there's no need to defend yourself because most people on this forum know how difficult it is.
mcallegari

If I had an update, I would have shared it, as I always did in the last 6 years.
I haven't worked much on QLC+ in the last 6 months at all.
I have a life beyond this software.

Plus, I am stuck on the damn Cue list crossfading. I received comments and reports that demolished my motivation to work on this project.
So, again, no update, but this doesn't mean the project is dead.
jensi71

By this way, Massimo:

Thank you very much for this great software!!! I know that this project use much time.

Respect for this!
djkad

IMHO A 3D visualizer (and editor) is an enormous work because for having a complete scenario you must give users "also" the opportunity to create custom fixtures.
Building a tool for create 3D fixtures require lot of effort.
I would extract the 3D visualization part and focus the effort on the dmx engine (humil advice)
lobelzar

Hello a little agree with you I find this program very good but much too long for the development which really used in a professional way the view in 3d which never gave anything very realistic and this on all the light software of the market A good refocusing on the 1st functions of the software would be very good. a lot of future users like me who are looking for a good lighting software have moved over the last 6 years to something else to see a paid software. Finding users who could give their time to improve the software would be very good UNION IS STRENGTH Despite my disappointment to see one day release a good stable version I moved on to something else good continuation anyway
Do a user survey which would be ok to help financially in the near purchase and you will be surprised by my rating I estimate that your software in a stable version could be sold between 400 and 650 €
TristanYoung

I see a GIT commit that has my curiosity. A commit which appears to show QLC+ 5.00 beta 1 might be coming down the line. Merely an observation. Finger's crossed, even though I will probably stay with QLC+ 4.x.x, but it might trigger me to install the beta and give it a try.

I won't use v5 as my production install, until it's a little more complete, but I am more than happy to test it and provide feedback.