Unable to access Web Interface (port 9999)

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
sherzig

Hello,

I have looked thru the forum here and attempted a few of the fixes that I have found. I know there are other posts about the webui not coming up but some of them are quite dated and so I wanted to make sure the info is up-to-date. I manually downloaded and installed QLC plus after making my donation today. After a dependency repair, the application works very well on the desktop. No issues. I simply am not able to get to the webui from the http://localhost:9999 address. I get a connection refused message (on the local device and also on a remote device).

Even though I do have a display connected, I added the hdmi force line into the config file. I also made sure the eth0 interface had an IP setting defined even tho I am using WIFI. I have internet access and an IP on the wlan interface from the local dhcp server.

Coincidentally Apache is installed and enabled on this R-PI 3. I am able to navigate to the default.hml page both locally and on a remote device.

Any recommendations?
janosvitok

Do you start qlc with -w or --web command line switch?
sherzig

I do not start QLC from the command line - I use the gui and launch it from the menu/desktop shortcut.

I did not realize the switch was required and must have missed it. I modified the menu item to include the switch and that did the trick, thank you.
Last edited by sherzig on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.