QLC+ 5.0.0 Alpha1 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
giacomo

I'm plenty of faith and I'm another big fan!

My 5 years old laptop has Intel Ivybridge Mobile, I'm in wayland gnome (no intel driver as some distros suggest), now it doesn't crash if I switch to the 3d view.
I've 1 doubt about the 3D view: shouldn't the Z axis be related to the fixture height?
For me this parameter moves the fixture from up-stage [0mm] to downstage [positive values]
mcallegari

giacomo wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 pm I'm plenty of faith and I'm another big fan!
My 5 years old laptop has Intel Ivybridge Mobile, I'm in wayland gnome (no intel driver as some distros suggest), now it doesn't crash if I switch to the 3d view.
I've 1 doubt about the 3D view: shouldn't the Z axis be related to the fixture height?
For me this parameter moves the fixture from up-stage [0mm] to downstage [positive values]
Y-Up and Z-Up are both legit systems: http://manual.reallusion.com/3DXchange_ ... r_Z_Up.htm
Z-Up is mostly used by CAD/Modeling/Architectural tools for historical reasons: they started from 2D sketches (X/Y axes only) and then they needed a third dimension to extrude things. Therefore the Z direction was UP.
In OpenGL and in videogames in general, Y-Up system is used: https://i.stack.imgur.com/CeUAq.png
To me it seems more practical. If you have a XY chart, it would face you, not the sky. Therefore the Z axis becomes the depth information.
andres robles

hello again, today I had occasion to test qlc5 on another machine, intel i3 7100 integrated intel hd 630 graphics, OS windows 10 ultimate, and well, the application was executed fast, switch between tabs in a fluid way, I managed to add some fixtures, create some scenes, move the 3D environment and continue playing with lights, the test lasted about ten minutes and there was no problem, analyzing in the task manager of w10 you could appreciate a CPU consumption between 10% and 20% and a use of GPU of 90-95%, during the tests qlc5 I work very fluid and fast .... (made less of a tool of xypad like that of qlc4, the new xpad with two rings is difficult for me with a mouse), I will follow testing qlc5 on different hardware and OS versions.Every time I more like the new QLC ... :D
andres robles

hello to all, another test of qlc5 in another machine, intel celeron G1840 @ 2.80 ghz, integrated graphics. S.O: lubuntu 16.04. again qlc5 was executed fast, between changes of tab it also works fast, the test lasts 30 minutes, I managed to create scenes and chases, the 3D environment seems to be very fluid and works well, place the heads on the truss and play a little with the scenes ... rarely, every time moving the stage it seems that this jumps some frames, during the test it did not freeze and there were no errors, save the project and load it without problems and fast, playing with the virtual console I could not add the scenes to buttons or fader, the option is shaded. (maybe because I incomplete qlc or I do not know how to do it), in general I behave very fast, sometimes I had the feeling of being using a stable version .... QLC5 is very intuitive, effective and beautiful.
MORINGA

Hello!
Great job, Massimo! Looking forward to put it to work in a production environment.
I'll test it on a Dell Inspiron 15 series 7000 (which is an i5-5200 @ 2.2GHz, 8GB RAM; I installed a SSD so it'd work more or less like a big tablet PC, and yes, I'll test multitouch behavior first :mrgreen: ). With Windows 10. I might as well test it under Ubuntu Live. Must be exciting to see it working on both.
I'm curious as to the new routing capabilities of this version; must be cool! 8-)
MORINGA

Multitouch seems to be working very well on my system. Although it shows some "phantom touch" after the 3rd or 4th simultaneous touch, it doesn't seem to affect anything but aesthetics. It responds to all 10 simultaneous touches.
Tested with virtual faders and they all responded well. 8-)
Silicon_Knight

Wow!! We've been so eagerly anticipating the arrival of QLC5 and it's finally here (well, at least a first taste).

Massimo, this is truly revolutionary. I had just a small chance to play with it today on a Dell XPS laptop w/ i5-7th Gen with Win10, and it ran great (including multi-touch - at least in the Simple Desk/Light Channel view - sorry, I don't know what the new screens are called yet). I cannot wait to see it grow and mature into a production ready release!

The only problem is how I'm going to suffer through using QLC4 without all of the cool new features! :)

Please keep up the great work and we'll keep supporting you!

Thanks!!!
larrycj

Hi Massimo,
Larry Jackson here. I have not been around much. I am helping a friend set up lighting for his wrestling show and have been poking around. Wow, QLC 5.0. I appreciate the work you and so many others do to make this product work for us. It is a blessing to thousands + theaters and small venues everywhere. I just want you all to know what you do matters and is so helpful to so many folks. I wish the best for you; wish I could help but it is far above my head; but I can donate and will. Take care, larry
linuxosaure

FR : Problème affichage des vidéos MP4 et MOV = affichage noir mais le son est OK
EN : Problem displaying MP4 and MOV videos = black display but the sound is OK

Système :
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=20.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=focal
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS"
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="20.04.2 LTS (Focal Fossa)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS"
VERSION_ID="20.04"
Last edited by linuxosaure on Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.