Problems using 4.12.0 with DMX USB (both windows pc and raspi)

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
Alhifi

Hi,

same problem here, using QLC 4.12.0 and a JMS USB2DMX OPTO-Interface. It took two evenings after first installation of QLC+ to find out why my not so expensive China-PARs are flickering. Used the DLL above and it seems to work now, but ...

Before the new DLL i found a value of 44 Hz in the Configuration for this interface, with the new there is no more a configuration option for that, the info-windows shows only 30 Hz. I imagine that sometimes it looks that there is a little stutter in a sequence with fast changes and transmitting all channels, also the ones where no change will be made. If i disable this non-changing channels, it works better, so i think that the slow speed of the interface-bus could be a reason if many data will be transferred. Is it possible to increase this speed again like before?

bye
Alhifi
Frank

Dear Massimo,

QLC+ did a great job including the version 4.11.x for me, using a DMX USB interface as I described several times...

Starting with 4.12.0, everything changed. Even if you use the "old" DLL, it does not work as stable as it used to. 4.12.1 is just as useless for me, too bad ...

Under Windows it does not seem to be usable anymore ...

Frank
mcallegari

Frank, complaining doesn't help to resolve the issue. Instead, helping to test the DLLs I share here does.
I shared one on January 28th (dmxusb-20190128.zip). Did you test it ?

Anyway, the issue you're seeing seems to be related to a quite precise category of devices: the cheapest ones on the market.
It doesn't seem Enttec/DMXKing users are affected.
Again, I bought an oscilloscope to investigate this issue, and the code of 4.12.1 seems to be working correctly on the adapters I've got at home, including some very cheap ones I bought for less than $10. Tested on Windows 10.
Frank

Dear Massimo,

it seems to work! But I will test it again for many days! :)
I had not (yet) read this message before.

I just wanted to tell you that the 4.12.1 again does not work that way, "out of the box" ...

Thanks a lot for the new DLL. Do you think this will be the final solution for all future versions of QLC+ ...?

Frank
mcallegari

Thanks a lot for the new DLL. Do you think this will be the final solution for all future versions of QLC+ ...?
No. That was an experiment to check my current build environment.
I used the current compiler and FTDI libraries and built the 4.11.2 code.

Now that I know that it works, I can exclude the "environment" factor. It's definitely the code.
However, 4.12.1 code is already different from 4.12.0 and according to my tests, it should work better.
4.12.1 still not working for you is bad news :(
Frank

Dear Massimo,

just one question:

Would it help if I send you such a FTDI board with which it has not been playing since version 4.12.0? Could you then examine (via oscilloscope) in more detail, where are the problems ... ???

Frank
mcallegari

Frank wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:42 pm Would it help if I send you such a FTDI board with which it has not been playing since version 4.12.0? Could you then examine (via oscilloscope) in more detail, where are the problems ... ???
Since it's a cheap adapter, I'd prefer to purchase one and keep it so that I can test it anytime.
Can you please point me to a website where I can purchase it? (amazon preferred)

Also, can you please try the attached DLL ?
Idea came from another thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13203
Attachments
dmxusb-20190311.zip
(76.7 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
lbon1989

My Enttec Pro mark 2 is not working well on version 12.1, using Windows 7. I tried using the new DLL as well and still got the same result.

The Moving Heads just show a white spot moving around instead of the gobos with colour, etc
keukenrol

Experienced the problem with FT232R USB UART (dmx) dongle from china. DLL above fixed it on 4.12.4