Virtual console: split color background

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
memrex

Currently, a single color can be assigned to a vc widget. Very often button backgrounds are used to visualize the assigned scene's color. Any fixture with a color wheel and split-color functionality cannot be displayed well.

The most obvious use case is a split-color button. Another use case is to visually group different widgets on top of different backgrounds, e.g. in a single frame.
Screenshot from 2020-01-22 01-06-57.png
Screenshot from 2020-01-22 01-14-18.png

Do you think this feature would be useful to you?

For reference: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/pull/1204
etchonmind

I would use Background Images for that purpose, gives way more flexibility... If you want vertical, horizontal or angled color splits, you can create whatever is needed. For example, one of my effects has 5 single color LEDs and between channel values of 0-255, there is single color, 2-color, 3-color, 4-color and 5-color settings.

I was really lazy and just used google docs sheets (like excel), background fill to color the right number of cells, screenshot, done.
TristanYoung

I like the idea of QLC+ supporting split colors for button backgrounds. I also like the idea of being able to have horizontal, vertical, and diagonal splits.

It's a shame there isn't more demand for this. Most of my lights have split color functionality. I took the time to define them already in the fixture definition. It would be nice to see QLC+ make use of the split colors from the fixture definition, and have a preference per button to set horizontal, vertical or diagonal splits.

I'm going the spreadsheet route as memrex has done.