[SOLVED] Weird disconnect issue with Lixada USB-DMX512

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
DjMike238

Hi, I'm having a weird issue with QLC+ 4.12.4 on my Arch Linux laptop.

When trying to use my Lixada USB-DMX512 with the uDMX plugin, everything works fine for a few seconds, then the interface gets disconnected for no reason.
I tried using Windows, and the interface doesn't get disconnected, but changing the intensity of the lights is not smooth as all, as it was on Linux.

I tried following the workaround explained in the last post of http://www.qlcplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11399, but to no avail.

I also tried controlling my lights with https://github.com/markusb/uDMX-linux, but I'm having the same issue.

Is there any way to make this work? I'd really love to have both a device working fine which doesn't disconnect randomly and allows me to smoothly change the intensity of the lights.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by DjMike238 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GGGss

A first hinch: USB-port power issues -> use an externally powered USB hub?
Windows issues: uDMX needs processor power, since it does not have a timing processor inside, so the PC's processor is responsible for the DMX timing. (Lower the DMX clock - see settings in input/output tab)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
DjMike238

GGGss wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:27 am A first hinch: USB-port power issues -> use an externally powered USB hub?
Windows issues: uDMX needs processor power, since it does not have a timing processor inside, so the PC's processor is responsible for the DMX timing. (Lower the DMX clock - see settings in input/output tab)
Yep, I just got a powered USB hub and it works properly now. Thanks for the suggestion!