4.12.4 Program crashes when switched to Operate Mode

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
orrinc

I'm trying to upgrade from 4.10.4 to 4.12.4. I am able to open my QXW file created with 4.10.4 in Design Mode, but when I switch to Operate Mode, the program immediately crashes!

I'm testing on my Windows 10 desktop, with no DMX interface installed, but the system is usually running in the theater on a Win 10 laptop with a USB-DMX adapter. (This has not been an issue with 4.10.4- I can see the results on the Fixture Monitor without the adapter attached.)

Is there something in the QXW file that needs to be changed for the newer version? Is it an issue with the missing USB interface?

I've tried to log the crash with Debug Mode- the log is attached, but I'm not sure how to interpret it.
It shows a "flyingobjects.js" error and errors with the dmxusb and velleman drivers, but doesn't show if any of these errors were fatal. I tried copying the old dll files, but it didn't help . . .

I also attached the QXW file.

I appreciate any assistance! I'm trying to upgrade to fix the issues with the Slider Monitor mode . . .
Attachments
QLC+.log
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Corazon Performing Arts - 07-01-2021 5.qxw
(165.01 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
orrinc

Interestingly, a much older version of the QXW file works fine and does not crash the system (attached). Unfortunately, it is for a different project and does not come close to the present configuration.

But it does point to something in the QXW file being responsible for the crash!
Attachments
Show Lighting Mystic Journey 2016.qxw
(185.95 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
mcallegari

Crash confirmed and fixed.
A 4.12.5 test version for Windows will be available here
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3135
CoS2000

mcallegari wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:29 am Crash confirmed and fixed.
Here i 've to ask a question: Everybody says "dont use test version for live" - but what's if a really weird bug is in the current version and i'm forced to use a newer test version?

My idea: is it possible to mark a test version, that fixed a "big issue" as "stable" or something? Sometimes a newer version brings bugs, that doesnt exist in older versions. I'am coding my self (other langquage, otherwise i would help you mcallegari) and i know this problem, its normal ;-) - But in most cases the old version have another bugs to. So i have the choice between one bug or another. A "stable" relase of a "test version" should have only fixes for big issues that occured since release of last full version.

Just a idea - please dont slap me ;-)
edogawa

Generally what you say surely is true for testing binary versions with a lot of changes since last release, as that's just what they are used for - testing new features and bug fixes.

In this particular case however, latest 4.12.4 release is just three git commits older than this test version, so i wouldn't expect a risk here. and consider this a bugfix "release".
orrinc

mcallegari wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:29 am Crash confirmed and fixed.
I tried the 4.12.5 test version last night. It doesn't crash, but it has significant new issues- buttons inside of Solo Frames that start Chasers do not function! buttons linked to Scenes seem to be OK.

Any idea what is going on? Is there a more stable version that supports the Slider Monitor/Override feature?

(using same QXW file attached earlier)

Thank you!
orrinc

I see Test Version 4.12.5.8 posted . . . does that address the issues with the Chasers?

Can you give me any insight about what was causing the problems? Is there something in my QXW files that I need to address?

Thank you!!
orrinc

I can't get 4.12.5.8 to run! When I try to run it I get the attached "Entry Point Not Found" error (file attached).
QLight Error.jpg