Showfile Relative Paths

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
sandinak

So I have been using "cloud drives" to store showfiles that we edit and use across multiple machines. This allows my students to work on the show independently of the hardware, however because we store Fixtures, RGBScripts and other things in "system" relative directories I have had to come up with creative ways to sync those to the students systems (independently of OS .. which is a real trick). I was wondering if we could extend the current system of support files in order of precedence lower to higher:

- $INSTALLDIR/Fixtures
- $USERDATADIR/Fixtures
- $( basedir $SHOWFILE )/Fixtures

This way we can store everything needed for a specific SHOWFILE relative to it's location on the filesystem. Thoughts?
Last edited by sandinak on Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcoM

Would be nice.

Similar situation for switching between home PC, office PC and field laptop.

I currently have the install dir fixtures folder symlinked to a cloud shared folder.

But having x project support folders would be much cleaner (also you wouldn't fill your installation folders with fixture definitions customized for single shows)
Marco Manieri
Perugia - Italy
GGGss

I also opt for this solution...
Using dropbox intensively it would synchronise everything everywhere ... (with 30 versions history) -> not promoting anything here
Whatever gear I take out of my hangar; with a internet connection it would ALL be updated within seconds.

I love this TOP-suggestion
(a .ini file like in the old days?)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
winkingfox

I like this idea too. Because I was using two laptops with Dropbox, I now get a half dozen NOT FOUND errors for audio and video files I no longer use. How do I get rid of these errors? They show up in a dialog as soon as I load a QLC+ file. Thanks!
GGGss

If you are a little handy with a text editor and the .XML structure (and notions about programming), you could manually adapt your project file.
Take note that by breaking the structure, you break the project. So take backup(s).
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sandinak

I may add a tool for this in qlcplus-tools to help reduce risk. Finally coming off show season and have some time. Will post here.