DMX controlled house lights you say?

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
GGGss

As a volunteer, I do the technical side of two community houses provided by our local government.
Inval is a non-profit organisation without any funding mechanisms behind it. www.inval.be

Due to Covid and the like, we invested (hmm used it as an excuse to be expelled from working at home) quite some time, preparing for the 'next' season to come...
And here we are: ready to have our first gig on May 29th.

Problem:
The house is built in 1974, by an architect who initially lived there, using a lot of concrete structures as a statement.
Light wise, he opted to use, almost everywhere possible, 12V AC 50w bulbs. Very modern in that era.
Since the light fixtures are worn out completely I tried to find a replacement for them. A mix of functional light, architectural fitting, dimmable and possibly controllable by DMX, Artnet was needed.

Due to the amount of concrete inside the building - NO wires could be pulled or exchanged.
Due to the nature of how the original electrical concept was conceived, there is a mix of 220V, 12V AC, switches before and after the transformation and the like.

In my quest to find a solution, I came up with this idea: find an enclosure and fit the with remotely controlled bulbs. Hue, zigbee, ... are expensive and don't fit 100% (12V, 24V vs 220V circuitry)
Found me 4 new blinder enclosures without any wiring (€39 per piece) and fitted them with a rather new product. Mi-Light RBG+CWW 6W led fixture remotely controllable €19 per piece.
In addition (above the bar) I fitted a led string with the same built-in technology for €70 (5m + controller).
Existing switches could keep their function, where transfo's were in place, they could be replaced by 12 / 24V DC voltage supplies, and (!) the system allows for connection to the light desk when needed.
Succes ;-)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
GGGss

Forgot to include the pictures
ScreenHunter_20 May. 20 13.52.png
ScreenHunter_20 May. 20 13.58.png
ScreenHunter_21 May. 20 13.58.png
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Yestalgia

That's actually quite a nice look!